Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Motorcycle tires on Model A wheels

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by ScottV, May 8, 2011.

1. ScottV

ScottV

I have some 21" Model A wheels that I was going to use. I found someone that will let me have a pair of some 80/90/21 Dunlop motorcycle tires. Can I use these on the Model A wheels ???

Thanks, ScottV

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I can't answer your question specifically but I've used 16" motorcycle tires on early Ford 16" wheels and currently have 16" Auto Tires on 16" Harley wheels all tubless. I siliconed the spokes and made sure it was dry before mounting the tires. Hope this helps, Rocky

3. ScottV

ScottV

These are for tubes, they are from a XL1200C, the guy replaced them ever other spring for some reason and kept the old ones ???

I actually bought 2 tubes for a buck each off a clearence table at an open house.

4. bobw

bobw

I've got cycle tires with tubes on 16" 1935 Ford spoke wheels on my HA/GRa.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. ScottV

ScottV

Thanks Bob ... I am going to go for it, what's the worst that can happen ... I mean other than a firery horrendous crash ??!!?? :cool:

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

That's the Spirit!

7. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

That's what Tom'll be running on the "Rabbit". I'm running 19" A's with bike tires on the Barn Job.

Somewhat more '50's than motorcycle wheels. :cool:

You do know that you true welded spokes by bending the spokes slightly as needed, right?

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  8. ScottV

ScottV

I thought you just ran into the curb until they were straight ... :p

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from so cal

A friend took some to a wheel shop and said they used a big wooden mallet to true his welded spoke rims...mounted them to a hub, spun them and WHAM! Guess it ain't rocket science.:p

10. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

What's a "curb" ? :confused:

:D

I've actually had to explain that to younger tech's on occasion. Didn't want to let me run with "those bent spokes". :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 9, 2011