Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Work on the Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Sep 30, 2008.

1. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Had the Falcon fired up in the shop for the Polar Bear Run!!

2. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Just a update for the weekend crew. Did a little work last night on the Falcon. Don't know if I'm going to keep her of get a '29-31 coupe.

3. What ever you descide to do you sure got the "look" down. Reminds me of all those AMT AWB funny car kits I bought back in the mid 60's.

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

No Falcon. :( Gettin an A? Well then you will get some T&A in your garage. You the man. Lucky. LOL

That would be kool too.

5. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Well, since I haven't found a Coupe were back to work on the Falcon. Primer will be sometime soon!!!!!

6. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

7. 63paul

63paul

Hello, any chance of getting updated pics of the Falcon? Would really love to see the progression since you picked it up. What would you be asking for it if selling? Email me at [email protected] , Cheers Paul

8. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Paul, I'll get some more pics soon. I guess if I were to sell it I'd be asking $14,000.

9. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

Id like to see more pix too :)

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Updates! We need updates!

11. 63paul

63paul

Please more pics.

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Finally got to coats of primer on. Put it all back together for mockup for a show in by Chicago. When we backed it out of the garage for the first time under its new power we found me might have our hands full!!!! Hopefully we can take it apart next week and get a couple more coats of primer on it. Found were going to have to make some braces under the back window for some more support.

13. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Well two months have gone by and not much has been done in the body dept. I did have it out for a short drive, WHAT A RUSH!!! Still haven't had much time to work on it. Someone out there doesn't have a nice running driving 29-34 coupe they want to trade?

14. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Well I put it up for sale in the Classifieds.

15. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed

Way Cool Falcon Project!!!

Hopefully the new owner will continue your path to ultimate Falcon coolness.

16. 63paul

63paul

First known pic.....

[​IMG]

17. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

The camber looked a lot straighter in that pic paul.

18. 63paul

63paul

Never changed it from the Speedway setup, did you come down to hard on one of your wheel lift'n experiences ;)

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

No, the only time we've run it is on and off the trailer from your house and down the block in town. The front end has never left the ground yet. There is a serious negative camber issue that was that way when I got it. At any rate will straighten it out.

20. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Figured I give you guys a update after 2 years. Haven't really had time for the car since remodeling the house a work being real busy. Haven't ever found a '30 Ford coupe to trade so I put it in the corner of the shop. Was at the shop the other day and the GTO was outside. A guy came buy in a '67 Chevelle and stopped to look at the GTO. Took him inside to look at the Falcon. He wondered when it was going to be done. I said I'd like it done for the next Meltdown but the trans was out of it. Long story short, he is selling me a built up trans for less than what I could rebuild mine. So I guess the project is back on!!!!

21. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    More AWB cars....you know this means you MUST bring the Goat and the Falcon.....see Meltdown Rule #1....:)

22. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Now will have to look for a rig like the one Arnie Beswick had, "The Freight Train"!!

23. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Hopefully a maiden voyage down the highway this weekend!!!

24. will this be at the Heads-up?

25. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Yes

26. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

So I took the maiden voyage today with the Falcon. Went about 4 to 5 miles round trip. Handling was great, performance, well lets say there is some work that needs to be done. Stumbles when getting into the gas. At 4000 rpm it feels like your doing 10,000. I find now that number 3 cylinder is dead. Have good spark and now going to ohm check the spark plug and then do the good old compression test. So much for taking the word from the guy I bought the engine from when he said everything was "Professionally Built". As I worked today on the car I looked around and seen all the other "stuff" that needs to be done around the house. Also with a little girl it's been tough trying to find the time to work on stubborn engines. What I found at one time as a fun hobby has become a burden. I now second guess some of my mechanical abilities. It might be time to get rid of everything and start over or then again maybe get out of the hobby all together. Sorry for the rant, just feeling a little defeated right now.

27. zettle falcon.jpg ...hang in there Mike, that's a cool lil car...

28. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Ok, update. New plugs, retimed, adjusted brakes...... RUNS LIKE A LAND ROCKET. This Damn car is not going to beat me!!! Hunnert Car Headsup here we come.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  29. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.