Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A/4 Project Update #4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Oct 7, 2007.

1. mackster

mackster

any new updates?? I'm hooked on this build!!!.....:D

2. Sure would like to see more of this build. I hope that you find your "interest" soon. Good luck.

3. I am going to be starting back up on the project. I look at it and kick myself knowing I want to finish and drive it, hopefuly before the year end.

Ill keep everyone posted w/ pictures.

Thanks for the interest!

4. Okay, I have been back on the car pretty hard. I finally installed the headlights, made another floor piece, got wood floors in the car, did some minor modifications to the dash, a new dash rail was made, gas pedal mounted and finished all the minor welding that I have been putting off.

Finalized my motor options...you guess :)

Next is the floor section in the trunk area, then the body is coming off for body work and final pinching of the sides back to the subrail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Boy sure is shapin up....Great job your doing!!! I want your car!!!! lol

6. Finally getting of my thumbs, I got back to working on the car (Thanks Derek :) )

I was able to pull it out after 6 months buried in the garage.

Over the past few weeks I put in new floors, mounted the gas tank, finished welding up various parts of the body, made and installed body inner supports, and mounting of headlights.

Here is how she looks as of today.

Heh, now im torn if I should go to bodywork and paint next of just get it together and run it for a few months to work some bugs out as they come up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. poorboy

poorboy

8. For all interested in my build; 99% of metal work completed. I'm getting ready for paint, pulled the body to reveal fresh metal for a nice coat of primer. Im hoping to shoot color next weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Originals

Originals

Hey Norm, glad to see your nearly there!! Cars looking great, if you need a hand with anything just holla, i'll be right over, cheers, Kerry Tate, England.

10. I was asked to bump this up to the top. I will post progress picts soon.

11. LabRat

LabRat

Great thread , fantastic car can't wait to see it finished !

12. Keep on pluggin' away. It is looking fabulous!

13. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

This is already looking like one cool roadster. It would look great with a few coats of dark early Ford blue. Just my 2 cents though.:rolleyes:

14. Thanks, my original color thought was Washington or Dearborn Blue. I currently have Med. Blue in hand, and am thinking of swapping the color on the wheels to a dark/Navy blue color. Color is always difficult to choose; I have been very picky on which and staying withing the line lines of pre-war colors.

Interior and top are going to be Tan to med dark tan utilizing 1940's styled 6" pleats and basic interior lines.

The good part; The body is sanded down to 400 grit, I need to make the time to choose and shoot the color (whatever it may be.) :)

15. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

wow slick roadster

16. Im bumping this up. Some may already know, but I burned out on this project last December. I put it up for sale or trade and didnt really get any great bites. So, after a long talk with a good friend, I have decided to start back on this car to get paint on it and on the road. I made arrangements today, I Should be seeing paint (dark blue - single stage) on this be or on this weekend.

Unfortunately, since the car sat outside for the past few months, the suspension started to bleed some rust in certain areas (no spray bomb is good bomb) :eek: , I plan on dropping all of it, re-sandblasting and re-painting it all.

If interested, Ill post pictures of the progres.

Attached Files:

17. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

About fucking time, was really getting sick of seeing it covered in the back yard.

18. Man, that is a really cool roadster! I can't wait to see more progress on it, so don't give up on it!

19. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Hey Norm, how is this project going? Do you have an updates?

20. Sure have come a long way, really like the dash board. Good work.

21. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

That is such a nice build, the stance and right parts to go to together so well.

22. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Norm, You have such a good start pn a car that will be super nice when finished. You are close - just need to finish it !

41 Dave

23. Update: Got the chassis parts done and re-painted. I started to dig out all of the engine parts needing attention. The body is for certain; ready for paint; and YES 'Hot Rod Michelle', its going Ford Dark Blue. It will be going into the booth on Thursday. It would go tomorrow, but my paint supplier left the paint at the warehouse :(

As for the engine, I dont like the orignal Cast Iron color. Im going to add some color to it. Any suggestions? Im thinking Vintage Ford Green.

Im hoping to get it back this weekend to start color sanding and buffing.

My goal is to debut it at the Fathers day Roadster Show. I want to drive it from Yucaipa to the show - Wont that be fun! :)

Ill post up pictures as soon as I can!

24. cretin

cretin

Cool! This thing is gonna look great with some color on it!

25. Trying to stick to my schedule, It finally got to paint. Finally.

All the large parts were shot today. Check out the new color. Dark blue/Washington Blue/Dearborn Blue. In the dark with limited lighting, it almost appears black. with direct light, it really brightens up nicely.

Tomorrow, all the remaining parts will be shot. Next week we'll start color sand and buffing.

Attached Files:

26. Beautiful! I think I have a new favorite car. Keep up the great work.

27. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Norm, That color is too Kool to describe ! It will look really good with the accent color.

41 Dave

28. Another Update: Body is fully painted. Had one issue on a door. The paint 'Checked' so were going to have to sand it down to see what has happened.

Got the motor set up, working on linkage for the carbs minor misc. issues.

Should get the body back this week to color sand and install. Its getting exciting.

Attached Files:

29. That banger looks great. Go man Go!

30. Im starting to bring parts back, here is the dash, back panels and dash rail. Color Sanding to start next week.

Attached Files: