Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Meltdown Drags @ Byron Dragway **PICS**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dom87SS, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

loudbang likes this.
  2. No Southern Cars? :D HRP

3. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

No idea where the cars were from, but I know there were a lot of non locals racing.

4. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Nice pics thanks for posting. You got both mine in there. My buddy says "if they ever have a skinny bias ply class you'll be ready for them" but until then, I will continue to give up about 1/2 - 1 second spinning off the line.

5. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

loudbang likes this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

Some great shots there. I noticed yours have a somewhat different "Tint" (best word I could think of) than most of them we see on here. Is that something you did after taking them or just the result of knowing what you are doing with a good camera?

7. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

Its most likely my processing, but I also do use filters on my lenses which make colors pop more and add contrast.

8. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for posting a picture of my Chevy II. The Byron dragstrip surface was very sticky, so the car was hookin' hard!

9. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

That car did the most consistent wheelies, so after the first time I saw it I had to make sure I was in your lane to get something.

10. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

11. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

Shoot me an email with what your looking for, I can do prints and digital images.

[email protected]

12. sweet shots! usually im not a huge fan of the "bobber" style pickups but that blown metallic brown one is really cool!

13. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

[​IMG]

This Austin belongs to Rob Leimenstoll from up here in Michigan...original '60's gasser from upstate New York, (was originally called The Grape Ape)...we restored and updated it here at our shop, Skinny Kid Race Cars...had to pull some timing out of the motor, and add 500lbs of ballast to slow it down enough for the Great Lakes Gassers index...

14. Dom87SS

Dom87SS

That was one of the most photogenic cars there, and that is one of my favorite shots from that race.

15. Bitchen, Bitchen, Bitchen Austin!