Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs looking for someone to chop top on merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67coronet, Aug 21, 2016.

1. 67coronet

67coronet

looking for someone who can chop a 1950 2 door merc. like for someone that has done this before and will make it look good. if anybody knows of anyplace or anyone around the northeast. looking in WV, PA, VA, MD,. I located in eastern part of wv. thanks

Attached Files:

2. verde742

verde742

Buy one that is "already chopped"
    IMO un-chopped Mercs are so rare, Finding an Un-chopped Merc is almost impossible.
    I am really liking them un-chopped.

3. Lots of Hamb'rs have taken their cars to Kenny Baker. Even with travel expenses ... his expertise, speed and cheap pricing have ruled the day ... and eased their decisions. @choprods is his HAMB name, here's his website >> http://akathechopper.tripod.com/Index-2.html

Better to call him, Shop Hours:Monday thru Friday-from 9 am to 4 PM......... 660-825-4080 or[4572]evenings. Cell # [1-660-341-9945] email: [email protected]

Do your homework. Tons of referrals. Awesome work. Good luck.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hit the search for chopping Mercs on the HAMB and did my own. To do a Merc right is a pretty big undertaking, but it can be done. Here is a before and after on mine.

[​IMG]

About a billion hours later, it looked like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the other hand, it doing it yourself is not for you, I definitely recommend Kenny Baker or Brett Vandervort at Fatman in Charlotte.

Good luck and take lots of pics. -Abone.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    pecker head and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I wouldn't buy one already chopped unless they had full documented pictures of the work while it was done. While there are some good craftsmen, There are even more bad ones. You don't want someone else's butchered mess full of bondo.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Take it to FlamedAbone.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

IMG_3266.JPG
    This one lives in West Virginia, i built and did the roof on it. This one was done a hardtop.

8. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd check with HAMBer Jeremy James in Concord, NC (although there may be a wait list). He's got a great eye and is an excellent craftsman. Here's a pic of his Merc. Jerm\'s @ 4th Annual The Race of Gentlemen (TROG) Sat Oct 10 2015 443-X3.jpg