Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Living On...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 14, 2011.

1. creesto

creesto
    from Ohio

Ryan, I lost my 13 year old son this past July in a sudden tragedy. Since then, I have had probably 40 of his peers friend me on facebook. Me, a soon-to-be 50 year old, has a constant feed of comments from young teenagers on fb. Sounds kinda weird, but through this, I have learned so much about my son through the stories they have told me of them interacting with Ian in daily life. These are stories that I would have never heard if my son was still with us and just like this story you have posted, I have gotten to know a new side of my son. This is one of the benefits of electronic media: a special window into another person's daily life. Thanks for posting this.

2. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Without a doubt the most significant thing I've read on the Internet in a very long time. Thank you and God bless you for all you do. GA

3. 55olds88

55olds88

very cool, I'm lucky in that my dad worked on building a vintage railway on a closed local line out here in NZ so I can go visit his legacy from time to time, but most of us don't leave anything that permanent..... so I guess in time the electronic stuff we all do will be around longer then us all and an interesting insight into our lives and times.
    I will say it was cool stripping out the bathroom in my house last year and finding that my dad left a note on the wall from the last time the bathroom was done when they owned the house warning us kids that the vanity unit wasn't yet attached to the wall :eek:)

4. I love to go back through old posts and see things people posted.

But isn't there a lot that is lost?

Sam

5. Another question to the question... what would Wally Parks and the other founding fathers have posted... traditional Hotrods? Hahaha!

Lately I've been looking at past members post's and hoped that their family's were aware of their Cyber family.

I know of a couple of kids that are members on this board because their father was before their passing.

Thanks for this thread Ryan... I know others will find it many years from now!