Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets See Those Hudsons!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DtroitDinosaur, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

Stu, 55's do have the balance tube - its cast integral to the intake. I kinda like that little tidbit. Edmunds/Hudson manifolds also have a balance tube cast into them.

Bonsey, thanks for the comment. As time goes by and I rack miles up on the car, I'm more in love with its battle-scarred self. I do want the underside painted and protected, as those are the achillies heels of the stepdown.

I want to hear more about Joe's engine and car. I really like that! If he was mentored along the Hudson path by Bill Albright, I'll bet he knows how to get rid of a few inches in the front suspension and still have that Nascar handling.

If you've never driven a Hudson at speed, you should sometime. The suspension is golden for any age vehicle.

Hud

2. I second that.

3. THEKID49

THEKID49

Here is my '49. I've shown it here before. It has a bored 308 with Twin-H. I had Wilcap make an adapter to put a Muncie 4-speed in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. racer756

racer756

jUST BAD ASS.
    I love these cars.

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

My dads 49 Photo Chopped....wishful thinking
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    39hudrat likes this.
  6. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

THEKID49

Sweet, very sweet.

I may be following your example of ditching the Hudson transmission options. My input shafts are not living very well.

7. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

My truck....

[​IMG]

39hudrat likes this.
  8. the hash boxes have a 1&1/8" input shaft for their version of the T86, sadly it is a couple of inches longer than we want for it to go straight into a stepdown. if you could cut, re-spline and heat treat the shaft it would be an easy way to beef it up. or find another in the t86 family that suits better. ive also got a line on a SIMPLE dry clutch for stepdowns, just waiting to hear the part no. the hash disc is 10". im trying to imagine what mongrel throwout bearing you would use to work with the stepdown system, hashes had a paddle that is bulky. with the cltuch dry you could modify the cover to fit anything that would work with the pressure plate fingers. sorry about the slightly OT tech bit there boys

9. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

10. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

11. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

1938 HUDSON.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

39hudrat likes this.
  12. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

1937 HUDSON.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

39hudrat likes this.
  13. TwinH

TwinH
    from Finland

hudsonjoe49 - I love your car!

hudsonator - You sure do have some interesting engines

I have ´53 moredoor Hornet with 308 Twin-H-power and hydramatic.

Glad to see all these Hudson in here

14. I went to a car show in Independence, KS where there was less than 200 cars, but three of them were custom Hudsons! I have pictures of them on film. Don't know if I can find them to scan them. I've got way too much junk.

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hudon Joe, Where are ya man ? More info !

16. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

NICE Truck!

17. Some nice cars for sure.

Hudson Joe, I dig the way you left the reveal around the rear window when you did your chop. My Brougham is currently in the process of being chopped and I'm doing it much the same way. I've been planning this chop for 8 years.

Hudsonator, your motors are beautiful. If you really need something to put that stroker motor in, may I offer up my 49 as a candidate?

18. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Any bigger pics of this one?

19. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

well sorry to keep eveybody puzzled about my car I bought my 49 from Bill Allbright on my 16 th birthday.I was working for him at the time while I was going to high school.All I had was the body and and front clip.I had to search for everything else on my own because I didnt have the money to buy all the things that i needed at the timeFrom Bill.Time went by and the car sat and sat and sat helping my friends with all thier cars, chop jobs, engines,building hudsons for albright etc.I found an engine punched it out 60 over clifford cam stroked by clifford.7x valves,milled head,jahns pistons etc.gott it on the road and slowly transformed it into an early 50's kustom.Recently I bought a home in riverside with the help of two good friends alex celeste.And alex has been helping me with the body work on the hudson to get ready for suede palace and other upcoming events I drive the car daily and long distance It is a great handling car and very dependable.

20. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Hudsons are so gay, I refuse to show mine

21. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

22. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

23. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I don't even have a picture of it, Old Beet has a pic of me getting tossed by the Man for dragracing in it, negligent 2nd degree was the price. I've had it for 15 years to date and never had to do much(except chopped 2", gm clip, tunneled, shaved, 468 dualquads, 12bolt, subframe)

24. Is this the one you're talking about???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Here's what I started with last October...
    [​IMG]

26. This was in mid July.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Last month. notice the different rear bumper and licence plate mount.
    It's currently torn apart in the garage getting ready for a chop and louvered hood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Got any pics of the mill?

29. old beet

old beet

I can cut yer glass and louver yer hood!!!!!!!!...............OLDBEET

30. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

That is the kind of story that makes a car special, in ways that dollars do not measure.

What kind of transmission and gearing are you running?

I'm really curious as to how your stroker does on a daily basis, gas milage decent?

My 308 with the 4 barrel is getting 19/20 mpg with a non-od trans and a hydramatic ratio (3.07) rearend. I haven't met a hill yet I can't top gaining speed.

I love that car Joe, from tip to tail and especially under the hood.

Hud