Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "LEGENDS" NOSTALGIC DRAGS, TEMPLE, TEXAS, OCT. 9 - 10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chettar, Sep 29, 2015.

1. chettar

chettar

Hard to believe but we are a little over a week away from the 5th Ever, "LEGENDS" Nostalgic Drags which will be held at Little River Dragway, Temple, Texas on Fri./ Sat., October 9th and 10th. This is the same weekend that the Day of the Drags has held their Nostalgic Drags for the past many years. Our format is almost exactly like theirs, with only a couple of exceptions. Friday night will be a, Test & Tune, "Run What U Brung", open to any and all cars no matter what year! There will also be a Jack Pot race with 100% payout and Trophies for both Classes of non-electronics and electronics. Saturday's Nostalgic Drags will be open to 1973 and older only, with NO electronics!! Everyone who participates on both days will receive a frameable Timing Slip Cerificate and anyone who runs an 8.7 ET in the 1/8 which equates to 100.2 MPH in the 1/4 will receive a "LEGENDS" 100 MPH Club patch from Little River Dragway. There will be 5 - ET Classes starting with Under 6.50 ET to Over 11.00 ET, plus a Vintage Engine, VE Class (for Skott and me, plus hopefully a growing number of participants) The LEGEND of the Year, is Willis Ragsdale, NHRA, Division 4, Hall of Famer will be Honored at the event, plus our signature "T" shirts have been designed using Willis racing his beloved Raunchy. Go to: Facebook - Legends Nostalgic Racing or Little River Dragway for full details. The Fairfield Inn, by Marriott in Temple, TX is offering a Special Rate of $75.00 on Friday night. Just ask for the Little River Dragway Corporate Rate, #LRDC. Their number is: 254-771-3030. See U at Little River on the 9th and 10th.

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Btt, we'll be there.

3. Having problems posting, but the previous post shows "THE MATCH RACE OF FLATHEADS"
    That danged ol Charlie Overfelt is coming all the way from Virginia to run against Flathead Fever FED, with his blown/injected Flathead roadster. If you remember, he was down here in 2011 at the SA track and we had a Flathead blowout race to see just who was the fastest....long story to retell, but he was a faster car(THEN)....but the way it all worked out was a tie, with ol Charlie blowing an engine on the 2nd Match Race pass.....which equated to a TIE.
    Fast forward to now.....Flathead Fever has a totally new engine that is NOW FASTER(but don't tell Charlie)
    Soooo, come on out, I need all the support for the Texas Flathead Dragster, and have a Great Day at Little River Drag Strip....and don't let Charlie know that "his donated main caps" are on the engine that "BEAT" him.....hahaha

stillrunners likes this.

4. Talked to Jim Jard today and he is bringing 2 cool cars....one early Flathead powered Altered and a 62 Corvette that has been a racecar since new....good additions to a great Event!

5. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

See you there Skot. IMG_20150817_175315844_HDR~5.jpg

stillrunners and Lone Star Mopar like this.
  6. Count me in Skot.Don't have any cars to bring(unfinished 47 EnFord Prefect,Henry 32 cabriolet) Always a great show at Little River,Academy drags.Flatheads Forever. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

In the past we've camped out (slept in the car) Friday night at Little River. Anyone know if we can still do the same ?

8. You can certainly camp out, in the car or out under the stars....FREE....tell em it its the "Skotz Flathead Special Price" :)
    Ol Chet Beaty runs a event for "us".....bring your friends....should be the Best Texas Drags of the year

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  9. Here we go.....Altered Wheelbase Studebaker....with a "non sbc" Buick big block in it....Whooo Hoooo....too cool....and I still appreciate your hospital visit after the "dad gum tractor attack"....
    HAMB Folks are the greatest :)

10. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

IMG_20150817_175509784~3.jpg
    HAMB folks are definetly the greatest. And you sir, are one tough SOB. I really believe what happened to you would have done most people in. Looking forward to the races, been WAY too busy this year, need to have some fun. Come on out people for some good racing and some good times.

Lone Star Mopar and stillrunners like this.
  11. chettar

chettar

Looking forward to seeing all you Flathead boys at the "LEGENDS" Event this weekend, but you had better keep an eye out for the Ginny boys who have announced that they "are a coming" to bust the party, Walt from Seattle, WS will be back in town with his 30 Chevy with a GMC 6 with 2-4 barrels and ole Chet Beaty will have his 40 Chevy with a GMC 302, 6 with 5-97's will be on the prowl. Looking to a lot of action in the Vintage Engine VE class.

12. 62nova

62nova

13. You "frickin 6 cylinder nut cases" aren't firing on all 8.....see, ya'll even put 8 barrels of carbs to "try to be like a V8"....hahaha....Match Race time....we'll put up a Flathead V-EIGHT up against your side of the fence....Heads Up....hahaha....that'll make y'all scatter....hahaha
    Charlie(my arch enemy of Flathead Racers) is in Central Texas this morning, after skidaddliling from that hurricane that is over "there"....Just wait till I tell him how y'all are mixing up the pot....shoot fire, we might even become friends.....just to put you 6 cylinder guys "back in line"(pun intended :)

14. Shoot fire John.....they both look finished enough for me....all they have to do is "start and stop"....everything else is secondary
    For those of you who may not know John....he is the "Original Flathead Nutcase" around Texas....has owned more interesting FH speed equipment than can be imagined...check out his picture album.....guaranteed to even make those pesky 6 cylinder guys drool :)

15. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Hey HAMBers, who's coming to Little River this weekend. Let's pack the house! IMG_20150916_160855640.jpg

16. Well, that sorry son of a Flathead Charlie Overfelt showed up today.....BUT....he left his race car and trailer here while they make a trip to the Gulf Coast....hummmm, I figured how to get in there and get "spare parts" for my Dragster....he'd never figure it out....I would just say that he "must have left them in Virginia....haha

We got the little Dragster loaded up in the trailer, all tied down and READY for this weekend......whooo hoooo
    Oh, I also got back on that "Attack Tractor" on Sunday....first time in a year and a half....yes it was strange....had Jess out here as a "safety precaution"....sure brought back a bunch of strange thoughts....sure have a "new check list" before doing any thing with it :)

Remember.....THIS COMING WEEKEND.....OLD TIME DRAG RACING....come one, come all. Stop by and introduce yourself....if you come at the right time, food and water to keep ya going :).....yes, this is the official invite

17. thinking Skot's is back to feeling good.....good luck to all!

18. Just talked to "Hot Rod Bill" and he is bringing the "Good News Travels Fast" 33 pickup :)

19. Rick Goodale is thrashing on the BBC HillRat Altered

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  20. Marcy

Marcy

Looking forward to it!

Marcy

21. Well,
    The Flathead Terror from the East Coast is officially in TEXAS.....but he left his trailer/car with me.....hahaha.....SUCKER!!!

Attached Files:

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

will need lots of pics

23. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

24. OK Doc....I see the "teaser shot" of Collin Casey's ol coupe(that you have).....Soooo, does this mean that you are actually bringing it down to Little River????
    Sure would be cool to see it make some passes again :)

25. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Skotz,
    The Collin Casey coupe is going to doing what it does best, Racing.
    And some Flathead dragster towing.
    All bad azz bracket cars are pulling a 6 speed.

26. Bracket cars....ackkkkkk
    I always thought racing was going as fast as possible. ...what a concept :)

27. Yawn....we are loading up last minute "stuff " in preparation to heading out after while. ....a good day to be sneaking away from work :)

Y'all come on out on Saturday. ...if you enjoy nostalgic drag racing. ...ya gotta support it....stop by the Flatheads R Us area and say howdy 'n grab a water :)

28. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar