Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lee Titus "722c" Bonneville roadster...PHOTO REQUEST

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cshabang, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

once again I find myself searching a car in the background of a magazine...Once again its Hot Rod Deluxe, May 2011..... Behind Wally Parks model A is a large image of both Joe Mozetti and Lee Titus' lakes roadsters..yet I cannot find any more photos of Lees car. The caption says is 1951 on the salt, The car is running wires on the rear, and a tonneau (as expected) with center steer, the number 722c on its side with "sta-lube" lettered inside the "C". The hood sides appear to be louvered and the hood top appears to be one piece and held on with "lunchbox" latches.... ok guys..Lets see the rest of it!!!!!!!!!!!Im gonna keep looking. So far my searches came up empty

UPDATE!!! Thanks to JIMMY B, I found the info was wrong in the magazine. It should have been Leroy Titus and it was 1950 he ran...no wonder I couldnt find the info I was searching

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& the roadster now restored to how Jim "Jazzy" Nelson originally built it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Cshabang

Cshabang

Thanks Jimmy, i can see resemblances in the first photo, I wish I could see more of the photo in the article to compare more... I also looked at scanned images of the 1951 event book and the car was not in the program...

4. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

WOW thats one cool lookin car

The filled axle is crazy:eek: I wounder what it weights

5. It would be LeRoy Titus. It was featured in the September 1952 Hop Up. Unfortunately I don't have a copy.

6. I should of mentioned LeRoy was not a competitor at the '51 event, he was there in 1950 with the roadster.

7. Cshabang

Cshabang

well see, I got the info wrong straight from the magazine...haha Thanks for clearing it up Jimmy! I shoulda known you'd know all about it. Thank you sir!

8. curbstone

curbstone

Thanks for posting the photos, I was googling Wally's T and this came up. Now I need to find photos of Joe Mozetti's car that's in the photo (Hot Rod DeLuxe).
    I plan to build a model of these cars.

9. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

OK...time to kick this thread alive again!
    So LeRoy Titus ran the car on Bonneville in 1950!

This photo comes from the Chuck and Joanna Quesnel Collection:
    [​IMG]
    According to the caption on the back of the photo, this was Chuck's car. Ed Olson is the guy in the car, and Janet Olson is the one next to it in a jacket. OK. So according to this, Chuck Quesnel of the Culver City Screwdrivers once owned the car as well.

This photo comes from the photo collection of Jim Papworth. Another Culver City Screwdrivers member:
    [​IMG]
    This photo is taken at the same time...maybe by the same photographer? Anyhow, the caption on this photo says Rosamond 1950. According to these two clues, we can assume that Chuck Quesenel also owned this car for a while in 1950?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Bravo boys. That's a beautiful ride.