Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ******larry watson******

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr.J, Jul 20, 2010.

1. That would be great if you could do that John. A big thanks is due to you and Roger for all your involvement, hard work and input. Thanks guys!

2. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

wow much admiration to the guys who did this... Its amazing.

3. I just spotted this on another thread...man Larry Watson had ALL the bases covered,what a life!

Attached Files:

4. Donzie

Donzie

Who wouldn't have wanted an original Watson paint job? How many cars have you seen with a "Watson style" paint scheme? Probably one of the most copied artists of our time.
    RIP sir.

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

A blessing to know his great legacy may one day be shared with all the admirers of his art, and for his future fans. Thank you.

6. rubens

rubens

That's weird to read. On the 20th I was busy outlining a paneljob and flames on a '58 T-bird influenced by Watson..

RIP Larry.
    ...One of the greatest of all time...

7. Colin HD

Colin HD

Loss of a Kustom pioneer, go lay some pearl on those gates!!!
    Our love goes out to the family & friends.

8. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

dont know if I missed this in a previous post, was there an update on this, is it open to the public etc?

9. 55oldsrocket

55oldsrocket
    from Santa Ana

bump, anyone going?
    my car isn't finished/painted but would like to cruise there. anyone know if it is open to the public?

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How did you hold yourself together to do that? There HAS to be teardrops in the candy somewhere.....:(
    Incredible job guys.....Just Incredible...

11. bob-o

bob-o

My car ain't painted, but i couldn't think of any other way to roll to Larry's good-bye party.

12. bob-o

bob-o

Much respect to the guys who pulled this off. It's gorgeous. Though I gotta admit, I really wasn't prepared to see these pics.. :(

13. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

i could be wrong but isnt that Larry's son in the middle? i havent seen him since the 90's

14. bob-o

bob-o

Sure looks like him. But I haven't seen him since then either...

15. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

wow! that had to be so hard. but what an honor....Jalopy

16. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Left to right Stan (stans autobody mariposa,ca.),John ( doing a nice ride at Santinis), Bill Carter, Larry Watson (Larrys son), Pete Santini, Dennis Ricklifs. Stan the guy on the far left had the shop. (Larry died in Merced with his son) On Saturday Pete,and John picked up Bill Carter and headed north to paint the casket. Dennis drove up behind them to stripe it. Larry brought the casket to the paint shop.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  17. Thanks for the information Roger. A great group of guys.

18. HELLMET

HELLMET

The tall guy with the stripe shirt and the beard is harpoon. I dont know the guy on the end. Billy

19. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Billy I just know him as john or johnny he helped and spent sometime with Larry, while Larry was at the City of Hope. And I know Larry liked the car he is doing.

20. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Can't think of a better, more fitting way to cruise on out of this world to the next.

Beautiful work for the master of the art.

21. Is anybody from OC meeting up anywhere to caravan over to the service? Time?

22. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

i get a phone call from a good friend of mine this afternoon wanting to know if i want to go on a road trip , he works for funeral homes doing transports and services . it not all that uncommon for me to roll with him on long trips just to keep him company , bring a suit and help with small details when we get to the service. anyway , he says we'd be rolling out of merced after midnight and heading down south for an early afternoon service......see where im going with this ? so i had to ask ...is the name Larry Watson ? yes sir , it will be an honor to go on the last ride with a legend , rest in piece Mr Watson , you have been a huge influence on many
    Fink

23. So I have to know....Who owns his last work?

24. tikistan

tikistan

R.I.P Mr Watson, A few more hours means the ending to a remarkeable life! I am sure Larry would be proud of his pals who have come together to send him off in style, the way they did! Hopefully a new wave of Watson inspired rides come to life. I know my 56 truck is getting some new color now! Thanks for all the amazing work Larry! Stan.

25. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

well i am getting ready to go see my friend off. i just wanted to thank all of you for helping keep this topic on the first page till the day we lay him to rest.

26. Please say goodbye for the rest of us:(

27. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Wished I could have been at the services....., I will pay my respects here, and will always keep Larry in my heart.

28. XXtomslickXX

XXtomslickXX

It was quite an experience to witness Larry's final ride. The services were moving, and at times, like a roller coaster of emotions. There was laughter, and of course, some tears. I expected to see a mixture of "well known" people, but I was a little surprised to see Barry Meguiar come to offer his condolences. Lots of stories told, some funny, some emotional, but all of them were great. I'm glad I was able to pay my respects to Larry Watson and his surviving son, and be a part of his finale.

29. slammed

slammed

The man did so much work that inspired people to do the same. These tribute's are really nice to see and read. They take some of the sting of loss away. To his family, friend's and many, many fan's your sorrow is shared.

30. squarebird352

squarebird352

I dropped my '26 Modified project to get back to work on my 60 Bird project after hearing this, my friends were to take me to meet Larry last year at his museum up in victorville I believe. Bummed out since then. Posts of my bird soon! R.I.P. Mr. Watson :(