Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kopper kart progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Feb 5, 2008.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Now that the paint is on it (though I still have to do the jambs), while I wait for it to cure, we started to do some assemble work It's really starting to look like the real deal! We are working on the interior, dash, steering column, and the engine compartment, wiring, intake and exhaust, painting the wheels, starting to clean up and polish the hubcaps.
    Little bit of trouble with the original builder, but nothing serious, I suppose.

Attached Files:

2. I jsut read the article on the cart in the 58 Custom Cars annual. There was a shaving kit and hair clippers in the cab? Also a 17" tv with 100' of cord for the twin speakers. I cant wait to see the truck in Detroit

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Looks great Mark. cant wait to see it in Detroit

4. Rikster

Rikster

It looks fantatic.. you guys are putting so much craftmanship into this one. Its almost amazing to see it beeing built so fast.. updates nearly every week and each update the car has changed so much.
    It makes us wonder if the team get any sleep at all.

What problems with the original builder??? mr George?

5. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I wonder if he won't let them put "barris " on the doors?

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's looking fantastic.
    Like Rikster said, the speed of your progress is amazing.
    Please keep the updates coming. and continued good luck with the rest of the build.

7. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Not at liberty to say right now........

8. Ron

Ron

Looks great!!

9. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

It is way cool indeed.

10. FASI

FASI

I built a clone of a Barris car and received the badges from George, and Jack Walker also built two clones, I am sure without trouble from George. He clearly owns the trademark to his name and the logo copyright, but he would be a fool to deny use on the Kopper Kart which is going to honor the Barris name and shop at considerable expense to the builders. Perhaps there is an attorney on the HAMB who could PM some advice to assist the builders in this area. It doesn't need to become a big public splash at this time...

11. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

you are making headway like a mad man! keep up all the hard work... it gives me inspiration to work on my truck.

12. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Damn... I'm glad I'm going to Detroit this year!

13. assuming the name thing is the problem i couldn't agree more. i can't imagine why he wouldn't want his name on this truck. i'm a huge fan and supporter of mr. barris, but, whatever his reason, it's a poor decision. if the names not there i don't think it will detract from the looks, as i don't think it needed to be there on the original. it's just a shame that these guys went through all this trouble, time, and money to build an exact replica of a very difficult vehicle to reproduce to get "stumped" at the end.

chopolds and crew, DAMN! it's stunning and it's not even done yet. do you have any overall shots to this point?

14. funny you should say that! it was the first thought that crossed my mind. used to see it all over L.A. as a shop truck and the signage on the doors were to cool!

15. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

chopolds and crew, DAMN! it's stunning and it's not even done yet. do you have any overall shots to this point?[/QUOTE]

No overalls yet..the body and bed are still on separate frames. I need to sand and buff the back of the cab, and front of the bed before we can put them back together....maybe this weekend, if we get the rear windshield put in. That should be easy, the glass is cut already.
    We are supposed to put the front in, as well, but the first one we cut, broke, now we are forced to try to cut one with the tinted band above the windshield...not a good look IMHO. But another clear one will take 3 weeks to get, IF they have one in stock!

16. looks fantastic man cant hardly wait to see it finished..

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'm hoping you mean just to get the truck to the show - and then replace in 3wks with a clear one. :)

Looks STUNNING man!

18. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    Mark,
    'Looks awesome, incredible progress since Lead East. I can't waite tro see the real deal in person.

Dave
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

19. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Reminds me of the recent thread about drawing pictures from someone elses photo's....

This truck, in essence, is a copy of someone else's art.......just sayin'......not knocking it AT ALL, as I dig it ALOT and look forward to it's completion.....

20. Assman!

Assman!
    from no where

Maybe Barris doesn't want anyone painting the likeness of himself on the back of the truck pushing a wheelbarrow?

Attached Files:

21. 47 ford

47 ford

Saw it at Lead East and can't wait to see it in Detroit.

22. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Lookin good Mark, I'm gonna try and make it down one day this wknd or next and lend a hand. Its tough cuz I have some customer on my back gettin me to work on his car. And what a coincidece, he just posted right above me. ;)

23. kustomriv

kustomriv

looking sweet

24. Right arm ed

Right arm ed
    from new jersey

mark is it done yet i want to drive it to lunch

25. bonesy

bonesy

Its like Christmas - I can't wait to see it completed. I is really looking good.

26. Assman!

Assman!
    from no where

Its a STICK SHIFT Right-Arm-Ed. You can't drive those anymore, remember?

27. teddyp

teddyp

hi mark it looks better and better each timei see it did you get a hold of al? pm me and let be know or call me at work teddyp

28. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

looking really good mark

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek:Crap....and I thought I had alot to do still:eek:

See you in a few weeks bud.

30. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Thanks for the phone number, Teddy!
    Alan said he should be able to do the striping for us! Happy Days!
    He's out in Colorado now, doing the Chet Herbert streamliner. Another Barris car. We'll probably bring it out to him right before leaving for Detroit. He's on the way there!
    Denise, can't wait to see you and the rest of the HAMBers. I owe you one! You got us the set-up night passes, which got us in before the show, which led us to speaking to Larivee, which led........