Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs keeping WW clean while in the shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Nov 22, 2014.

1. i have had a run of vehicles coming to my shop with wide White wall tires. i am looking for a way to assure they stay clean and unstained. despite being careful an inadvertent brush of something dirty [me, the 3d version of "pig pen" from the peanuts comics] seams to get them dirty. is there something to put on them? i thought of using tape, or maybe wipe soap detergent on them and let dry, or do they sell the "blue stuff" that comes on new tires?

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. If you are removing them from the car while work is being done NEVER stack or lean the tires against each other. The tire makers have this disclaimer in most of the catalogues as black tire touching the whitewall will most times put a dark mark or smudge that is not removable by any means.
    I think placing some type of fabric between the tires to prevent tire to tire contact would solve this.
    Good luck, Jimmie

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

What, Home Depot ran out of construction site garbage bags? Bob

5. i do remove them when working on them, and i have plenty of room to keep them off each other. when i can i switch to a set of "rollers".
    it would be good to have something to protect them for those times in between, small jobs, etc....

6. stimpy

stimpy

the blue stuff is spray on latex , kind of thinner spray coat we use in the peel off overcover for paint booths

7. do you think the overspray liquid used for chassis' would hurt the white walls? i have some of that.
    how much is that paint booth stuff?

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

How about shrink wrap? There is a place just past Tractor Supply that carries all kinds of shipping supplies and they have the best deal on that stuff. Bob

9. stimpy

stimpy

the paint booth peel is around $60 a gallon its a 3m product , do not know if the chassis overspray stuff is OK you have to test it out .

they also have a self adhesive film type too . its about 45 per 100'

10. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Simple and cheap, a 55 Gal. plastic trash bag.

11. i wrapped one of the tires today with shrink wrap to try it out. i will et you know how it works out.
    i am waiting for parts for the car so i put it up on the lift.