Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joe Smith Flatheads/Hot Rods (Richmond, VA)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51FordCoupe, Oct 15, 2012.

1. 51FordCoupe

51FordCoupe
    from NOVA

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. Post on the Va. HAMBers Social Group. Some of them will know what's going on.

3. 28av8

28av8

I talked to Doug a couple of days ago by email and he told me he would be checking his email so just give it time and he will get back to you. He said they should be back like Nov. 1st.

4. 51FordCoupe

51FordCoupe
    from NOVA

Chris,

To where are they moving? Staying in the Richmond area?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev

It takes more time to make a short move than a long move from my experience.

On that shoebox three speed. Working on one of those isn't exactly rocket science and if you need it done in a hurry a good local shop should be able to rebuild it. There should be more than one source for gears too.

6. 51FordCoupe

51FordCoupe
    from NOVA

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  7. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

It never occurred to me to post something about the move. I'm probably too concerned about spam to do something like that here. But I guess it is useful information (especially for the VA crowd) so I should probably explain.

Anyhow, we are moving. The new shop is right across the street and down a bit. If it wasn't for a building or two I could see it from the old parking lot. The new shop is going to be great, but it needs a lot of work and that takes time. So we discussed it and decided that rather than doing two things poorly we would do one thing well. So we are closing for a few days to focus on the move.
    We have to be out of here by October 31st. So our official first day at the new shop is November 1st. Realistically we won't be back to full speed for some time, but we should be able to handle customer needs again by November 5th, the first Monday of the new month.
    We have had to get a bunch of work knocked out before the move. We will be taking long term projects with us. And we have had to put off new work for a few weeks. It's been a disruption for sure, but it will be well worth it in the end.
    I will be checking phone messages and email periodically so our customers won't be abandoned, just inconvenienced.

Thanks for being patient while we move into our new location and a new chapter for the business.

-Doug Walker

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev

That sounds like a solid plan Doug.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Doug, congrats on the purchase, wish I was there to help you move. You know thats when you really know who your friends are when they help ya move!! Good luck bro, ~sololobo~

10. Good luck in the new digs.:)

11. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

Hey Doug! Don't forget to toss out the address of the new place!

Take a boat load of photos of the present buildings, the move and the "de-forestation" of the new mecca for Joe Smith early Ford parts. Years from now, when you have built your garage-Mahal, you can look back and see where it all started. and laugh,,,,,, it'll be funny by then.

12. no55mad

no55mad

For sure - Doug is a good guy!