Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ive lurked from time to time, now for a first post..

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Wanalepa, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Wanalepa

Wanalepa
    from Irwin PA

To all the car enthusiasts near and far, hello. I'm Bill, and I'm not an alcoholic...Just a rather new owner (7 months) of a 31 model A Tudor. After bringing the car home from the wonderful (eye roll) state of Ohio back to my home town of the horrible Pgh Stillers, I found out the hard consequences of transferring a car from Oh. to Pa.

1. Theres zero hills in Oh, so the clutch worked just fine... lol It exited the building faster then Elvis in Pgh.
    2. Driving on flat ground requires little to no brakes to actually stop.. Anyone that knows PA or Pgh for that fact knows that brakes are necessary on a Radio Flyer in these parts.
    3. Flat ground also requires less power, and poor timing wouldn't hurt in most cases...The engine started knocking more then the Jehovah witness once timed correctly to even maintain some sort of speed in Pgh.

So unbeknownst to me during purchase was a bad clutch, brakes that "were just redid" and a horrible engine knock that turned out to be a cracked piston in cylinder 3...

Skip ahead to know.. and we have a braking system that stops on a dime, ive never had mechanical brakes that work so damn good.. new clutch that makes me look like a newbie driving.. and an engine that is currently being rebuilt. its been a long journey, ive waited over 15 years for this dream to come true, and trying to tackle this project with a newborn is testing to say the least. But im glad its going how it has and has shown and given me the experiences so far to meet some of the nicest and caring people in the car community.. (you know im not referring to Corvette guys...)

Just wanted to say hi, and know that ill still be lurking, i may not always be in the spot light, but im learning from all of you and i appreciate it.

Ps. This will be a Poor mans "hot rod" build... fender less car, 35 ford wheels are in the garage with 750 rears and 600 fronts awaiting placement.

Attached Files:

2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

Very nice 'poor man's' rod.

Ron Funkhouser and Wanalepa like this.
  3. [​IMG]

Welcome to the HAMB. HRP

Ron Funkhouser and Wanalepa like this.
  4. Welcome to the HAMB. There's nothing more FUN than a model A. Keep us posted, and we like pictures. BIG pictures. :) Ron......

Wanalepa likes this.

5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Welcome from Wisconsin!:D

Wanalepa likes this.
  6. Wanalepa

Wanalepa
    from Irwin PA

Thank you to everyone..more pictures and I'm sure stories to come..and of course me asking for advice....

How's everyone adding stock taillights to their fenderless cars..I'm torn on making brackets or trying different style factory mounts including the 32 brackets..I have searched the forums and have found only front pictures but nothing explaining what they are.