Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods it seams like a lot of guys are building a `30 coupe on `32 rails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36-3window, Nov 28, 2015.

1. A Boner

A Boner

What size and brand tires are you running? I'm looking for some tall skinny radials for the rear.....they are getting hard to find.

2. rear tires are B F Goodrich 235/85R16 on 7" wide rims and are 31" tall. ...yes , they are light truck tires. a few friends have used them and said they were ok. i'll start at 25lbs and see how they ride. fronts are 155R15 Coker Firestones

3. So the 16's are 6 or 8 ply? I can't seem to recall at our store years ago if we ever had any 6's but I do remember that the 235's in 8 ply were an awful stout or stiff tire. I will be very interested to see how you like the ride. I am running tires that came from the previous owner on my 31 but they are 15's. Seems they were 31 inches tall but I have not looked at them in a while since I am working on the front of the car mostly

4. Roadsir

Roadsir

Greg, that looks great, and fast! We could park your 36 in my garage long term if you need more space....
    Eric

5. Eric....be careful what you offer , you may just end up with it in your shop!

6. A Boner

A Boner

Thanks, they look great.....the whole build looks great.....run them soft, and they should be fine.

7. a bit more progress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Looks like more than a "bit"...:)

9. 54reno

54reno

10. A Boner

A Boner

Nice.....my kind of HOT ROD!

11. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Do you have plans to chop it ? I like the green coupe with the stock grill is that one chopped ? Your coupe looks great, hope mine comes out as well. I'd agree, lots of progress.

12. 5W A-bones on Deuce rails are the coolest, IMHO. Yours is looking mighty nice!

13. took it for the first drive today....it was a bit short since i do not have any glass ,including the windshield, in it. just the glass and the top insert and i'm ready for BTT50's

glass is coming from Hamb vendor Bob's classic auto glass.....anyone know how long that takes? it's been almost 3 weeks

[​IMG]

arkiehotrods likes this.
  14. A Boner

A Boner

Do you have a favorite area on the grounds where you usually park.....planning on being there on Saturday, hopefully I can find you amongst the thousands of cars.

15. we park at the WCCO building just south of the grandstand , you can see the building in my avatar ..stop by!

are you driving a hot rod or just spectating?

16. A Boner

A Boner

Will look for you there. Might be attending on Friday instead of Saturday.....are the crowds less on Friday?

alfin32 likes this.
  17. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Lookin good. Can't wait to see it at the fairgrounds or hotel.

18. thanks! got all the glass in ,took 4 weeks to get it from Bob's....but he did a nice job with the edges ground real nice and a perfect fit. with the HAMB discount it was $315. all that is left to do is the top insert

Fridays are not as busy as Saturday , but lately have been very busy too...doesn't anyone have a job? :rolleyes: Saturday can get nuts. Sundays many leave early so hasn't been too bad

19. i talked to John from the hotel a few days ago....i assures me that they we be open by then and everyone with reservations will have rooms

20. pitman

pitman

Sweet! A real nice looking car. Like the simplicity of color and 'lines'.

21. Roadsir

Roadsir

Holy shit Greg, where'd that burst of energy come from? Car looks fantastic!
    Down town New Ulm is doing once a month cruise night 2nd Thursday of the month if you're looking for a shakedown cruise.
    Let me know if you head over to Mankato.
    Eric

22. no wife , no woman , no kids , no life with Social Security and a part time job allowed me a lot of time out in the garage. i'm 63 and didn't want to spend years building another hot rod...i wanted it now! 5-6 hours a day just about every day since last November

we will probably make Buster's a few times this summer

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    30TudorSedan and RICH B like this.
  23. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

nice build, very similar to what i am building. fight the temptation to chop it, i am. it's like NOT having a tattoo these days! ha ha

24. Roadsir

Roadsir

Way to go. Give's me hope that I will still have energy to knock out a few more projects.

Chucky likes this.
  25. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Gee, sounds like me except the wife. I got a few years on ya, but same situation. Funny thing is we're also building the same style car too ! The honey-do's cut down on garage time, so I'm behind you on the build. Yours is coming out great, hope mine comes out as well. To chop or not, your build looks great without it. What paint did you use on the body ? Thanks

26. Dick Lobach

Dick Lobach
    from Emmaus Pa

I did that 64 years ago, channeled 6", chopped 3", 6" Zeed rear frame,suicide front end. Oh to have that car back today, when your 16, days were timeless.

Attached Files:

27. kind of crappy picture.... but here it is with the glass installed , top insert and pinstriping done . i need to get a better camera

[​IMG]

Rich B. likes this.
  28. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I have bought a couple of frames from Jim Weimer Hot Rod garage and have been very pleased with the fit, finish and overall quality.

29. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Looks great, so no chop ? I'd love to see a few more pics of it at different angles. Trying to decide to chop mine.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. had some pinstriping done in the fall , thought i'd post what is hopefully a better picture

[​IMG]

Chucky and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.