Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iron Invasion photos 10/3/2015 woodstock,illinois

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flattandscruggs1, Oct 4, 2015.

1. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

well here they are my friends i went to iron invasion for the first time and sorry i had to miss the pinup contest we left streator at 9am and it took us two hours from our place to get up there.i had a ball i took alot of pictures of a variety cars,people,bands,vemdors and one my pictures are included also from a photo booth you get your picture taken for 4 dollars and it goes onto the official facebook page for iron invasion all monies raised went to hannahs heart.i want to say thank you to all the voluteers,john wells and all my firends who showed what hospitiality is like at a big rod and custom show. and also i wanted to let you know that i turn 40 years old on tuesday and some friends of mine suprised me with a brand new Nikon D3200 camera for my birthday.it was a such a suprise i almost started crying.i did not expected it

i hope you enjoy looking and liking my photos very much.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskmGtuwp

Thanks

Allen Flattandscruggs1 Culver
    illinois

2. 4BangerDean

4BangerDean

That's a whole bunch of pictures! Thanks!

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing the event...Captured the moments, vibes and some warm flames to heat things up a little.

4. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

here is my birthday gift from a bunch of car show friends of mine i love them so much 12105794_10207668243495235_6868113457506492250_n.jpg

David Gersic and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics

flattandscruggs1 likes this.
  6. Friends can be so cruel,give a a super nice box and you think there's a camera in it! :D

It appears you really have some great friends. HRP

7. Great coverage! Thanks for taking the time.

8. WOW! What a show---thanks for sharing

9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Something for everyone for sure, nice coverage and thanks for posting.

10. rooman

rooman

Looks like the event has the "feel" of the old Hunnert and that is a good thing. Thanks for the photos.

Roo

11. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

A guy I saw on FB was complaining about being turned away from the show. He had a clean 63 Impala wagon on Supremes. Was it too mild? What is the criteria for the show?

This guy drove 3 hours with his young son only to be turned away. I might go next year and my drive is much longer than his....

12. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Damn!!! That's a lot of great pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

13. finn

finn

The organizers had a separate field set up for non-approved cars and trucks up by the swap area adjacent to the street.

There was plenty of room there when I left at about 2:00.

Must be more to the story, as there was everything from a pro street 62 Chevy bubbletop Blair to Olds 442s in that area.

jack_pine likes this.
  14. Garage No.7

Garage No.7

At zero hour something came up and I couldn't make it, thanks for the pic's!!

15. I left before noon, needed to catch up on what I missed.
    Thanks for sharing!

16. Deadbird

Deadbird

Man we got there way too late. I'll be going up Friday night next year.

17. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

we got there about 11am it took us about two hours to drive from streator we left at 9am i am hoping to get a motel room for next year.so i can go on friday night i will do the same thing next year for jalopyfest for next year also.

18. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Something's not right about that story. There were three areas. The "show" area (HAMB friendly cars), the "friends" area (not HAMB friendly, street rods, muscle cars, vans, whatever), and "parking" (daily drivers, etc.).

I'd think a 63 Impala would be "show", unless it's not a HAMB friendly build. That'd move it to "friends". Both seemed to have plenty of room. So I can't see why he'd be turned away.

Check out their web site. I thought it was pretty clear what kinds of cars were expected to go where. I had my 37, which is a little too street rod for the "show" area (gotta lose the billet mirrors and get some new wheels), but no problem parking in the friends lot. I expected that going in, so it wasn't a surprise.

LONG likes this.
  19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I agree with David. Something is not right about that story. John Wells and his crew welcome any and all. Nobody will be turned away, especially with a 63 Impala. I would almost guess that car would go right into the
    "show" area.

nope, something is not right about that story.

20. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

i appreciate your guys and gals comments alot on the pictures i work my butt off getting the photos you will like to look at..next year we will leave on friday night and get a motel room up there in woodstock.

21. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

That's why I asked! Didn't add up...

22. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was at the gate all day. No one was turned away. Maybe they are just saying that because they were referred to the friends lot for being too stock. Minimum of 2 visual mods. There were alot of cars that went to friends that were nice cars with wrong wheels or some minor thing. The only people who left were the ones who thought the show was free. Like $10/person is so unreasonable.

bobwop likes this.
  23. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you have a picture of the car in question? The only way to improve the show is to be open about what went right or wrong. We can't change the past, but may influence the future.

24. I'm sure I saw that 63 wagon (Biscayne I believe) with Supremes and narrow white walls, it was parked outside the fence in the staging area later in the afternoon,...man was it a nice lookin ride, altho the wheels looked like the only visible mod. I saw plenty of nearly stock, original looking cars go into the show lot, and some that went into the friends lot,...
    don't know how those descisions were made as the same "judge" made the calls.???

25. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a group of guys that parked when we asked them to make a second line to get cars off the road. They made the decision to park there, not us. Not sure if that is where the confusion comes from. It was a pretty crazy day as I am positive there were more cars than what the "official" count was. This was by far the biggest year ever. I was not the "judge", but at the gate all day. I can assure you we turned no one with $10 away. A few people who thought it was a free show, yes.

26. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

i saw cars coming and leaving the whole day i just cannot figure out the criteria at some of these shows all i am is the photographer at these shows.i just want to make sure when you see my pictures that i am just showing what it is like going to a big rod and kustom show through my eyes and with my coverage maybe one of these days you would like to go this show.

justabeater37 likes this.
  27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to sidetrack your thread Allen. I just want people to know that no one gets turned away at the gate. That way, this show stays growing and getting better so there is so much to see and do that you can't see it all.

28. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

no problem at all i was wondering what was going on at the gate that you guys were talking about.

29. all in all another great show, it doesn't really matter which side of the snow fence you're on, it's all good and hard to see it all in one day, especially taking time to visit with old friends and making new ones.

LONG likes this.
  30. flatford39

flatford39

I don't think anyone got turned away. I drive an 80 Chevy pickup that is a real POS on the weekends to save miles on my daily and when I pulled in the guy actually asked me if I was showing or spectating...I laughed my ass off. As far as the swap meet went I saw at least three vendors show up after 8:00AM on Saturday.
    No one got turned away. Who won the pin up contest??? I had to leave early.

LONG and justabeater37 like this.