Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got a new 34 Coupe, some say its perfect some say its not, what do you say ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Legendary Lars, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Ok so we have decided to put in a 4 inch drop spring over new front end with new cross member. And put in a quick change rear end. All the parts have arrived I will post pics as the new build gets under way. I have decided to leave much of the car as it is as I do think its already very nice and fun :) I did have fun with it when the old gas tubing cracked open and sprayed gas all over the garage. So I will be putting in some hard line. LOL

2. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

great car but..... those have gotta be the absolute worst lookin tailpipes i've ever seen! sell em to some psuedo-biker and drive that thing!

3. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

The Project quickly turned into a new frame and floor unchanneling it a bit new front and rear ends... hahaha how come its never cheap and easy.

4. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

do all of the above..............why should you have something different.if it starts and runs ,drive the shit out of it and have a ball

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Dang I would be happy with just the gold roadster. That ride is wicked nice!
    Some guys have all the luck :) You should post up some pics of the progress

6. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome looking ride! I'd lose the fishtails and the sbc. Just my 2c. Good luck in deciding.

7. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Cool ride ! You are a lucky guy ......

8. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Sell it to me...

9. SteadyT

SteadyT

Honestly, just get rid of that exhaust and baffle those lakes headers, then cruise it and think real hard if you really need to change anything else. It's pretty sweet as-is once them pipes go...

10. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

did you get that out of new mexico , i bought a car hauler from him years ago

11. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Yes this is the new mexico car, it was in a few mags and has a cool story to it. I will get some pics and post em up.

here is the new floor pan

[​IMG]

12. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

13. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

straighten the grill bars! The rest looks cool!

15. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

reposition the headlights they look dorky. to me they either make or break a car

16. get rid of the exhaust for sure. a crome grille would look better , hood and hood sides. Some repop Firestone Deluxe Champions(black wall)

17. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i thought it was i think his first name was loius , or something simalair , to bad you didnt get the cherry grill , i bought the 48 coe hauler he had , he had some nice stuff , i was just short of bringing that home with it , it was about 8 years back , some where in my old computor i have pics of it on tha car hauler , you have a nice car there , it will be neat watching the changes

18. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Post info on the story of the car. I would like to read it

19. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Actually seems practical. The pipes. I had a problem with the airflow of the exhaust of my 65 Fastback. As it runs rather rich - the air slip distortion rolled the air back under the car. I would smell like a gas station after driving it. Solution was to get the exhaust out of the airstream. Maybe that does it for your ride. Maybe drive as is and see... Really cool. Hope to see you in the area.

20. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

I would love to see those pics :)

21. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now the floor on the frame

22. LabRat

LabRat

Great to see progress ! Kinda funny your still getting replies from the first page ....

23. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

[​IMG]

Some more updated build pics

[​IMG]

24. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

The floor and firewall are now gone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Looks like whoever built it "Doesn't give a fuck how they do it in California" so... it's going to stand out a bit out here.

I would ditch the fish tails, lose the flames and the stupid signage on the door.

Next up is the wheels... the white walls are ok if you like them... even the red wheels work... but the 70's F-100 wheels up front and the modern "smoothy" wheels out back gotta go. You can find some 50's F-100 wheels on the cheap... under $100 for a set of four and it'll wake it up. Personally, I would go with 40's 16"ers... and Firestone blackwalls... but that's money.

Then the front end... that thing gives me the hee-bee-jee-bee's...

It's a '40-'48 front end with a spring in front.

Try and find a '28-'34 front end for it... dropped axle preferred. I have a spring I'd GIVE you... the front bones can be reused, just cut the spring hangers off, and smooth them up... and then you will have to do something for a spring mount... that would be as easy as easy as putting a cross member in it.

Then... the grille shell.

Sell that sucker on e-bay and try and find an old one with some crome on it.

Lastly, tidy up the wires and god aweful radiator mount... and you'll be stylin'!!

Sam

26. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Thanks Sam As you can see from the rest of the thread we have been building away on the car, have gotten rid of everything but the shell at this point, new frame new floor new firewall. New dropped front end quick change rear. New tires. new steering column and wheel vega box, It kinda took on a life of its own LOL

27. S Baltera

S Baltera

Think its awsome the way it is.If u like it leave it.

28. To be honest... I didn't read about all that you had done.

Damn, it looks great!

Sam

29. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Been Busy scooping up parts for the Build while Marc Nelson ripped out the Floor and the firewall.

[​IMG]

I am going with the police special in the center and the other guages in front of steering column needa find a good tach...

[​IMG]

Going with new Blackwall tires and rims..

[​IMG]

Found a much nicer grill

[​IMG]

the floor was so nasty hahahaha

[​IMG]

And so it is no more

[​IMG]

All the pics so far for the build

https://picasaweb.google.com/legendarylars/1934Ford03#

30. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Well you went from maybe changing a few things to redoing the whole car wow. At least now it will be done how you want it to look and not someone else's former build. Great job so far man.