Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do I find my old threads?...is there an archive somewhere?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 3wLarry, Dec 27, 2014.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I was asked for a link to a build thread on my 3w and I just found that a search of all my threads before 2010 are gone. Is there an archive somewhere?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

the HAMB search has never been any good, use google, and add HAMB in your search terms
    the HAMB is the worlds best source of information if only you could find it

3. rfraze

rfraze

I've had pretty good luck with search, until the last few months. Do not know what changed. Get a lot of No Results for existing threads.

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If I want to find my old threads I look on the closet floor or in the laundry basket. Oh wait. I think you meant something else.

3wLarry likes this.
  5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I see several updates on your coupe back to at least 2005

click the search button,
    choose "more" (advanced search)
    type in my coupe in keywords
    and 3wLarry in Posted by member

actually you have said "my coupe" more times than may be possible to count :p :)

3wLarry likes this.
  6. They're still there...to find your thread, go to your profile page and click on "find all threads by 3wLarry"
    larry.jpg

It will pull up 7 pages (200 threads). To continue past the initial 200, click "find older messages"
    larry2.jpg

117harv, HOTRODPRIMER and 3wLarry like this.
  7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you mods are the best...I don't care what Ryan says about you :)

8. Gary,I was totally unaware of the find older threads after the first 7 pages,after searching those 7 you can search again and again until you search every thing you have posted.Thanks man. HRP

gwhite likes this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Moses helped Larry with the real early ones, some became the foundation of the HAMB.

lothiandon1940, gwhite and 3wLarry like this.
  10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...and Moses told me you still owed him 2 dollars! :p:D

11. Muttley

Muttley

The HAMB search is awful, I've actually copied & pasted the title of a thread in the search box and was told that the thread doesn't exist. What I'd like to know is how to search a specific thread for my posts. Once in a while an ancient thread pops up that I've posted in and I cant remember how/what I responded to in it. I'd like to be able to see just my posts (you could do this on the old version of the HAMB) but I'm not going to sift through 85 pages of stuff just to find them.

12. Mutt,The advance search works the best,Ryan posted this a while back. HRP

[​IMG]

When you click the search icon, you will see a search drop down appear. It will look something like this:

[​IMG]

So what does each of the fields and buttons do? Simple:

1. This is the field where you enter your search term. You can enter something simple like:

[​IMG]

This will return all threads and posts that contain both the words "ford" and "roadster." Or, you can enter your search in quotes like this:

[​IMG]

This will return all threads and posts that contain the phrase "Ford Roadster" - both words together as typed.

2. Click this checkbox if you only want to search the titles of posts.

3. In this field, you can limit your search to a specific user only. Just type that user's username in this field.

4. If you would like to limit your search to a certain date or range, just use this text field.

****5. This is a very important checkbox and one people should pay more attention to. Depending on where you are on the H.A.M.B., the function of this checkbox changes. For example, if you are in the "traditional hot rod" forum and you only want to search that forum (and not the entire H.A.M.B.), you would sure to check this box as it limits the search to the forum you are currently viewing.

6. This is another important checkbox. If you want to view ALL threads and posts that are returned with your search term included, do not check this box.

However, if you only want to see the threads that included your search term you would want this box checked.

Try it out - it will make sense once you do.

7. Clicking this button will take you to the advanced search page which gives you additional power to search things like:
    - Threads & Posts
    - Profile Posts
    - Media

8. Click this little arrow for common searches like:
    - Recent Posts
    - Your Threads
    - Your Posts
    - Your Profile Posts

From The Desk Of
    Ryan Cochran

13. Muttley

Muttley

Way to complicated, it was much easier before. That's about the only complaint I have with the new HAMB though, I guess everything can't be perfect.

14. Sorry man,just trying to help. HRP

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Curious...why ?

SDhotrod and Moriarity like this.
  16. ...Just thought it might be helpful to some folks.

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member