Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help Me I.D. my FED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Rex, Jul 27, 2014.

1. T-Rex

T-Rex
    from Ohio

Recently I picked up a FED that was in long term hibernation. I would like to find out what I can about it. I know its not like an old "Swamp Rat" or "Bounty Hunter" car, but it would be great to find out who made the chassis. Does it look like a pro built frame,a kit,or just something that was built in a garage back in the day?

Attached Files:

2. rooman

rooman

I don't see anything there that identifies it as something from any of the well known builders. The most common kits back in the day were from Speed Improvements and Kellison and it is not either of those.
    Most likely a home built deal.

Roo

3. Once you start running it some ol dude will come and fill you in. I get info on who built mine all the time even though I did. They will even argue with you. Amazing what you learn! :<)
    for my friend Mike it is even worse. Even though he built every inch of his in the last two years we never go anywhere where someone is disputing that telling him it was built by so and so back in the day.

Attached Files:

4. Can't tell you much about it except that the disc brakes are bendix units off of a Studebaker, like say an Avanti ( available stock in '64). Parts still available over the counter.

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I agree with Rooman, looks to be a homebuilt one, looks like stock cut down and resplined axles, looks like they needed to kick the frame out to have a starter on the car ,, maybe take an outside full shot of the car and shots of the body panels,, Maybe the old owner might see it and give you some info on it,, Tim Jones