Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help identify these wheels please-Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model A Fan, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

My plan with my roadster is to give it a downward angle, and I have these wheels up front but not in the back. I have regular wire wheels in the back.

I have these wheels on my Model A axles, but I don't know what they are originally from, but have a guess that they're from a 1940's-1950's Ford truck.

If these are identifiable, do they come in larger sizes? Or, if I want the downward rake/angle am I just going to have to buy larger tires for these rims?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fordpatina

fordpatina

looks like 48-60 ford f100

3. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

Do they come in larger diameter or is the way to achieve my downward rake/angle going with larger tires in the rear?

4. Are the ones you have 15"? If they are, you can hunt down some pre-49 Ford car or truck wheels as those will be 16".

5. clem

clem

what is PCD ?

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

huh?

kidcampbell71 and da34guy like this.
  7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Those look to be 16", put them on the rear. Ford made 15x5 wheel that takes the same hubcap, where you can put a shorter tire up front for your rake.

8. clem

clem

Just wondering what the pcd is as they could be different brand wheels eg Dodge.

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

but what does 'PCD' stand for...remember, I'm an Okie

are you talking about Bolt Pattern dimension like 5 on 5 1/2"?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. manyolcars

manyolcars

What??? In the 1950s I remember seeing Wire wheels on the front because they had not changed them and solid metal rims in the back because they had installed a modern drivetrain but never the other way around. and What does "regular"wire wheels mean? 21 inch Model A rims? Please say no. That will look goofy

11. PDC.....something someone is taking...?

12. and the answer to his question is yes....small tires on the 48-64 solid rims and large tires on the same rims for the back.....the wires he has are just rollers....or didn't cha know.....he's going to be sooo traditional.....here's my uncle's car at Bville 1950..... 1950.jpg

13. clem

clem

Pitch Circle Diameter. - a term we use down here every day, and perhaps not a term that is used else where every day. So when you talk about 5 on 5 1/2"the PCD is 5 1/2. So back to original post, the PCD looked smaller and I wondered if perhaps they were dodge wheels, as that is what I'm running on the back of my coupe. PCD 41/2"

40fordtudor and 3wLarry like this.
  14. clem

clem

larger on rear 700 or 750 or 850, depending on rim width. Tyre style availability etc....

15. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Those look like the wheels that came on my '46 Ford pickup. Worth noting is the fact that they will not work if you upgrade to disc brakes in front - you will need later model wheels for discs there. That is what I have had to do. I now have those early 16"s on the back and later 15"s on the front and I am trying to find a wheel cover treatment to fit both kinds of wheels.

16. I've found that later Dodge/Chrysler rims had a larger center hole diameter than the Fords.

17. correct RB35......they're really needed on mid 50's mopar stock drums....