Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical help 37 ford charging adaptor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnold1938, May 28, 2016.

1. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

well I'm upgrading my electrical system to 12 volts, no big deal right ! want to change to one wire alternator but as I look deeper there appears to be a fan attached to the generator!!! is there a company out there that converts this type of installation or do I have to scrap my fan and install a electric fan. which I really do not want to change. please give me some ideas fellow hambers. humbly john!

2. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

3. I'm pretty sure your generator can be converted to 12v if you can find the right guy.

4. If you have a two brush generator have it converted to 12 volts. If you don't have one, get one. That would be my first choice. If you are set on an alternator be sure the front bearing is strong enough for the fan.

Charlie Stephens

5. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

great Ideas fellow hambers, I found a guy who will convert mine to a 12 volt generator. humbly john!