Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help 1929 tudor with a 302 water pump to long

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chzmo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Chzmo

Chzmo
    from Sacramento

I have a 1929 tudor with a stock frame with a 302. What modification do you do to fit the water pump for it wont hit the radiator? Thanks

2. Short version (Explorer, I think) waterpump and pulleys will help some, but not enough to avoid a lower firewall setback. Do a search on here for SBF, 29 Model A.

3. cbillelder

cbillelder

You didn't say whether you are running v-belt fan belts with clockwise rotation or serpentine belts with counter-clockwise rotation of the water pump. If you are running clockwise, Ford Motor Sports sells a short water pump that will work for you and saves, as I recall, about 1 1/4 inches in length. The Ford part number is M-8501-E351S and can be ordered at your Ford dealer or from Summit Racing under part number FMS-M-8501-E351S.
    I have used a couple of these and they work very well. You will have to contend with coming up with a shallower water pump pulley to compensate for the shorter pump length.
    Hope this helps.