Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Headers for SB Mopar in a '46 Dodge Pickup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46DodgePUinAZ, Jul 17, 2014.

1. 46DodgePUinAZ

46DodgePUinAZ
    from AZ

Howdy folks,

I tried searching - didn't find what I was looking for (closest thread sounded like the guy ended up using 340 exhaust manifolds).

Has anyone had any luck with an off-the-shelf headers for a Small Block Mopar in a "Job Rated" era pickup? If so, which one?

We tried the Dougs I have for my '64 Dart - passenger side worked, driver side hit the frame.

Thanks!

John

2. hfracing53

hfracing53

Try calling Jegs or Summit racing and see what they offer for block hugger or shorty headers for a small block Mopar . I used stock manifolds on one I did . Had to search around to find manifolds that dumped the down pipe at the right place . Good Luck

3. or...in the old days.....fender well headers were the norm....just saying....

4. 46DodgePUinAZ

46DodgePUinAZ
    from AZ

Thanks - will try talking to Jegs/Summit and local shop.
    Fenderwells - I know they were de rigeur for gassers (straight axle and nose high) - do they interfere with steering on these cars? It's a little lower than stock up front, but the tires are going to be a little shorter, too (26" diameter up front).

5. oldsman41

oldsman41

i have fenderwell headers on my 41 olds with a 350 sbc they work fine. my car is low in the front and i have room.

6. 73RR

73RR

The Dakota header is fairly compact and fits well in the pass car so it might be worth a look.

7. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Patriot makes a nice set of shortys with center dump.. Ask Hotroddon. :)

8. 46DodgePUinAZ

46DodgePUinAZ
    from AZ

Thanks, guys! (Been on vacation - sorry for the tardy show of appreciation - I'll check those out)

9. 46DodgePUinAZ

46DodgePUinAZ
    from AZ

Managed to find someone local with a set of Hedman 79080 (for 1975-1979 Dodge D100) who let me try them - looks they will work with minor modifications for steering linkage clearance:

10. 46DodgePUinAZ

46DodgePUinAZ
    from AZ

I thought I posted the pic in the thread, but it didn't seem to show up - it's in the only album associated with my user ID