Register now to get rid of these ads!

Haunted cars ......from the grave to life.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Lots of unexplained murders also happened there.

2. Anybody ever rebuild and drive a vehicle that you know someone was killed in? My brother-in-law bought a Dodge Dakota pickup back in the mid-'90s that was in an accident that killed the guy driving it. My brother-in-law is an ace body man who is an expert with a frame machine. Rebuilt the truck and drove it for several years before selling it, only reason he sold it was that he wanted something heavier and more powerful to pull a camper, he says he's not superstititious, nothing weird ever happened, and it didn't bother him. I'm not really superstitious, but it would have creeped me out.

3. dannyego

dannyego

Really? I lived out there for a couple of years.

4. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Ladda boy who was beaten to death by the iowa basketball team.It was his twin brother they wanted.This happened in the late 50's The whole team died as all of them were drafted for the nam and were killed in combat. coach went insane in 61. guess he got them back as the amboy police never arrested anyone for the murder. amboy and mendota was cursed by Jimmy swaggert or however it is spelled in the 50s they ran him out of town.There were other killings in both towns never solved but people there know .

5. I've had my old 50 Chrysler for 41 years.My dad bought it from the original owners in 1968. I was was 10 at the time. My dad was one of those rock solid,dependable,always there kind of guys. I think his spirit is in that old car. every time something else breaks down, I fire up the old Chrysler. When my Buick had its engine transplant, I drove the old Chrysler. If its cold outside and all the other cars batteries are dead, The old Chrysler always fires up. Does this mean my old mans spirit is in there somewhere in all that steel and tin? I cant say for sure. But its always been as dependable as my old dad was .

as a side note: I keep telling my kids to part me out like an old car,{I am a organ donor!} Cremate the rest, put my ashes in the front seat behind the wheel and crush it down around me and bury the whole thing. If I cant take it with me I wont go!

6. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

I was in a funeral procession a few years back. The cars were driving slowly down the street. As the Hearse passed under a power line, a transformer on the pole blew up dropping the power line on the next-of-kin's brand new car burning a line across the hood and stopping the procession. SPOOKY!

Spooky likes this.
  7. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Same kind of thing happened when I was working on my '49 Ford F-2. I was about 19, living with my parents and working on the truck on the side of the driveway about 10 at night. My parents had friends over and were in the house. As I was working, bending over the big fat fender I heard my mom whisper my name. I told her "Just a sec" while I finished working on something. Again, I heard her whisper my name really clear. I got ticked and spun around and no one was there. I got a really bad feeling and threw all the tools into the engine compartment, slammed the hood down and went into the house. I asked if anyone was outside in the last few minutes and they all replied "No". When it happened I could sense someone behind me. Very creepy.

8. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Not a haunted car but a haunted gun.
    I had , well I still have it, but I had a Colt 45 that I bought off of my B-I-L, My wife's parents had passed away a long time ago and she had both their ashes in the house with us. There was always some weird shit going on in that house, we had a rocking chair that we bought for our first son, who sadly didn't make it into this world, but none the less the rocking chair would start rocking by itself. It would really freak my wife and she said it was her Dad in the chair.... creepy... But back to the gun

My Colt GOvernment Issue 45, I took it hunting with me all the time, but on one trip, it came up missing, we couldn't find it anywhere, I searched for weeks off and on for that gun, tore apart the truck, the hunting cabin, all my gear, tore apart the house, never could find it. This was right after our second son was born. That gun was missing for four years. My wife got tired of our freaky house and told me we were going to move.

You just say "yes Mam" to that. We searched for a new home and finally settled on the one we live in now. We packed all of our chit into boxes and hired a moving company. Moving day came and they loaded everything into a semi truck trailer. It took over five hours for them to load it, all the time a half dozen guys going in and out of the house.

When they were finally done, they took one last walk through the house to make sure they didn't forget anything, the shut the truck doors and headed off to our new home. I looked at my wife and asked, One more Look through the house? Sure she said. So off we go. The house was vacant, wasn't chit left. As we searched through the house we went to our babies room and looked into the closet and there sat my Colt 45, In plain view, on the middle shelf (about chest high) sitting in it's BRIGHT BLUE case. NO F'n way I told her. I grabbed the case, opened it up and it was like brand new. Mind you I took it and shot it four years ago and never cleaned it when I got back because it disappeared. It was like new. I still got that gun till this day. I have never shot it since.

I dont know how it got back to the closet or how it sat there for four years unnoticed on the shelf were my wife kept the baby socks, In it's bright blue case. My wife thinks her parents grabbed it up to keep the young ones safe. It was my only pistol back then.....

9. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Not a haunted car....but a haunted Navy Ship I cruised on...

I get the hebbie jeebies thinkin bout it as I'm not a really easily weirded out guy...but I know what I saw....multiple times...

I was the crew chief in the helo, we flew off small boys....this particular ship, the USS Monterey CG 61 I believe. The ship had a seaman apprentice killed while he was performing maintence on steam valves while the ship was being retrofitted in dry dock. Seaman Apprentice George C. Shultz (died Jan. 28 2004 RIP George!)

Seeing as we were on the air detachment we were told the rumors of George standing watch still on the USS Monterey, rifle slug over his shoulder making his rounds on the maindeck and fantail....I discarded it until one black night performing flight operations in the persian gulf.

The ship secured for flight quarters and we made our final check approach to make sure the ship had their lights set up correctly and that the fantail watch was secured (pulled inside so they didnt get blown off deck)

We made our pass and our approach and I waved us off from the back seat cause the idiot ships company fantail watch (or so I thought) was still back there...white kid, Coms earphones on, rifle slung over his shoulder leaning up against the missle tube.

I got on the radio and reamed the ship and told em that I was under the impression we were at flight quarters and that the fantail watch was secured....go get their boy, we gotta bird that needs fuel or we gonna be swimmin.

They inform me that the fantail watch already checked in and that he was in the skin of the ship....I call bullshit and tell them to go lay eyes on him cause I'm lookin at their fantail watch ON THE FRIGGEN FANTAIL.

2 minutes pass, The landing signals officer calls back and tells me that he just spoke to the real fantail watch in the skin of the ship....but that it was prob George....they announced flight quarters again and informed all personell to go in the skin of the ship....

We made another pass and he did as was ordered....He secured the watch...

After that I read up on George, looked at his picture and realized that was prob who I was looking at.....and went and apologized to the landing signals officer...He informed me that george still walks his watch but that sometimes he doesnt hear the first call for flight quarters so they reannounce it....

Saw him a few times at flight quarters after that....I would always radio the ship and tell em George was out back and to re-announce flight quarters....

I saw George a couple different times on the outside of the ship when the ship was blacked out with no personell aloud topside.

BUT I also saw George a couple times in the skin of the ship walking the maindeck watch while going to the Capts Quarters for nightly flight ops reports....I always said hi and talked to the cat....the whole ship talked to the cat.....he was a part of that ship heart and soul.....

Hopefully, he can stand relieved and take a break someday...

Like I said, not easily spooked, dont really believe in ghosts....but I believe heart and soul that Ol George's spirit may not realize that he doesn't have to stand the watch any longer....

RIP george....If your gonna stand the watch, stay vigilant....watch over my boys.

Lemme tell ya what....13 years in the Navy flying, I've seen alot of weird chit that defies explaination....

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  10. Spooky

Spooky

More please......

11. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Owned,parted out,or shuffled hundreds of cars in my life without any incidents but I do have a scooter tale.
    In 1979 I was 20 and antsy for a motorcycle.Had bought a couple new over the years but wanted a old one.At work one day I was asking around to see if anyone had a bike for sale.Older so-worker said he did but he wouldnt sell it to me as it was a "death bike"
    Death bike...WTF I thought and pestered him about it for 6 months.He finally told me the story.
    Bike was a 1970 Triumph 650 Bonneville built early '70's chopper style.Long raked out springer front,laid back ape hangers,king/queen seat,drag pipes,etc.Yellow paint with gold flame like accents on the downtubes and on the peanut tank.Guy who built it got the bike done and he and his girlfriend hopped on for a ride.3 blocks down the street he dumped it and the girlfriends head hit a curb and she died.Guy sells the bike to a friend who drives it a mile gets broadsided by a garbage truck backing up and the bike survives with just scratches but the rider dies.2 dead...1 scratched up bike. I call B.S. on it and continue to pester the guy to sell it to me.Finally he relents and I buy it.$600.00 A little work and she purrs like a kitten and looks like sin.That springer fron is a bitch to steer...about 3/4" turn either way and the front tire wants to fall over but I figure I can deal with it.First trip with it will be a 5 mile ride out to a buddies and I toss on a helmet because that dang springer bugs me.About a mile in to the trip I am on a flat strech of two lane and cruising along at what feels like 70mph(no speedo on the bike) when I start up a long incline.The riding position on the bike was such that you rode leaning back against the hump of the king/queen with arms extended forward and up and legs on the highway pegs..typical chopper style.Going up the grade I twist the throttle and all of a sudden my head cracks over to the right,the bike starts slowing but the engines revving like crazy.Pull over and shut it off.Hop of the bike and look around and notice the chain is gone.Pull off my helmet and there is a long gouge on the left side...from the base to above where my ear would have been.That freaked me out.After getting a ride to my buddies farm we went back and loaded the bike in his pickup and that very night burned the bike in a bonfire.Still have the helmet,it still has the gouge and IMHO I cheated death.

12. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Now THAT's eerie!

13. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

jimi'shemi291, thanks for your compliment... And thanks to everyone who's been so nice and sent me warm messages welcoming me to this web site... And yeah, whether people want to believe in the "paranormal" or not, there's no denying that the tales on this thread make for good entertainment... I agree with the Cherokee tribe that wild animals, sky, water and even rocks can possibly possess some form of spirit... I even have guys who work for me who've graduated from M.I.T. who believe the concept of rocks and other solid objects being able to retain some sort of "memory" could be metaphysically possible... So, who knows, maybe a car, van, or truck can somehow retain a metaphysical memory of some sort-- Therefore, maybe it's not too far of a stretch to fathom the idea that our motor vehicles are also capable of somehow metaphysically spooking us... Yep, great entertainment value here... I am genuinely enjoying this captivating discussion... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Spooky and nissanboy1993 like this.
  14. BISHOP

BISHOP

I've had something very similar happen to me back in 1991. I lived in Sanger Tx at the time.
    I used to ride my street bike to work ever now and then when the weather was nice. On the way home, I always took the same route. There was a steep hill on the farm to market road to my house that was a blast to hit at 95mph or so. When you come over the top of the hill, your front wheel would come up and you could ride the smoothest wheelie down. This was a steep hill with a narrow bridge at the bottom. I would usually be able to cross the bridge on one wheel. Man it felt awesome.
    One day after leaving work I was coming up on the hill and started the normal acceleration to perform my down hill wheelie, when I heard a voice in my helmet say," Not today." So, I backed off the throttle.

This is what freaked me out. At the bottom of the hill, in the middle of the bridge, was a tractor with a giant hay rake wedged across the entire bridge. No way to pass, no way to stop.

The hay rake was too wide for the bridge, and he was stuck. I didn't think I was going to be able to stop. I did stop just a foot or so before plowing into the back of that rake. If I was going 10 mph faster when I topped the hill, it would have been nasty.

But because of that voice, or what ever I heard, I toped the hill at around 60 mph. The same hill I would always hit at 95 mph.

15. steveo3002

steveo3002
    from england

tell us some more please

Spooky likes this.
  16. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

2nd the motion,Sir!

17. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Haunted, no. Jealous, yes.

So the story goes that I'd broken up with a longterm girlfriend and was back on the market. I also have a handful of daily driveable OT vehicles that are my pride and joy, very well maintained and ultimately reliable. And they are all jealous bitches.

First date #1, clean up the camaro. The one that's done 2 no starts in our 11 years together. Lay the vaccum onto the perfect carpet and it sucks the fuzz off to backing, totally bare. WTF? Finish the cleanup, hop in to pull forward out of the water and the starter nose breaks off. Backup vehicle saves the day.

First date #2, clean up the elcamino. The one with a bulletproof driveline. Quick spin to remove water spots and it spits off the rear wheel. Ooops. Backup vehicle again saves the day.

First date #3, clean up the backup vehicle, the dead nuts reliable caprice. This one didn't even make the wash station, dead battery on the spot. Quick rush to throw the battery in, wash it up, and yet another broken starter nose. For real? That makes 4 broken starters total in 25 years of this sh*t, and now 2 different cars, 2 weeks apart. Old red truck saves the day.

First date #4, still waiting on parts for the others so it's old red truck date. This ole truck's NEVER let me down in years of duty, but to be safe I didn't wash it and played dumb about our evening plans. Miraculously it starts and goes to the date. Date goes well. My dumbass kisses her within the truck's line of sight. Get in to go home, facking brake pedal instantly drops to the floor, brake light and all. The truck knew it'd been had.

Me and the fleet had a stern talk the next day, then I let a couple sit and think about what they'd done. We've achieved a muted peace but I still don't trust the elcamino around women, it lashes out with more violence than the others.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  18. tattarat

tattarat

I'll add another one of these voices in your head stories like Lull and Bishop...

July 1986 I was heading to my folks house to do some drywall repairs for my dad. Who wore a seatbelt in 1986? Well, certainly not me... I'm heading down the highway and decide to take a different route due to traffic. As I am about to exit the highway, I got a tap on the shoulder that told me to fasten my seatbelt. I fastened the seat belt about 3 minutes before a 16.yo kid ran a red light and struck me broadside, pushing me over the median strip and into oncoming traffic where I struck a car head on. After the head on... I went spinning like a top and down into a revine where Val came to rest. Val was a 1976 Plymouth Valient which prior to this moment was immacualte. I couldn't open the driver's door so I slid across the seat and exited through the gaping hole that used to be the right side. The rt frnt door was in the back seat. The damage to the car was incredible. You couldn't tell what it was. It was almost ripped in half and would not sit on all 4 wheels at one time. All I could think about was whether-or-not anybody was hurt.... so I ran up the hill to a standing ovation and applaus... No one could believe I climbed out of that car. No one else was hurt... and the guy I hit head on was a doctor. 5 people in the 3 cars and not a scratch on any of us. No doubt in my mind that that message and that seat belt either saved my life or saved me from severe injury as I would have been thrown into an already shattered windshield by the second impact. I was bruised and very very sore but I'll take it! To give an example of the impact, all of my Craftsman screwdrivers in the trunk had the handles busted off of them...

I have had the same thing happen one other time where the voice said I was going to die behind the wheel... and I must have let off the gas as I was approaching a blind curve. Halfway through the curve, a car coming the opposite direction veered into my lane and I had just enough time and space to react and pass him on the left instead of the right. I can't help but think that the warning bought me the reaction time I needed to avoid the head on crash.

I'm a firm believer in a higher order than what we know... and I have learned to listen and to slow down LOL! Haven't quite figured out why I'm still here... but there must be a plan for me. :cool:

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does a parabolic dish pop out of your ass on occasion? :)

20. Spooky

Spooky

SPOOKY![/QUOTE]

You rang? ; )

I am totally on board with this post here.

I had a '62 Galaxie convertible, white top, red inside and red exterior. Beautiful car and fun to drive. At this time I had a questionable girlfriend and well, sure enough in the twilight of the relationship breaking down, the Galaxie starts to act up.
    Kid you not, the car would idle roughly, or die completely whenever Rachelle would be inside or near the car.
    One time after we had broken up, I was offering to take her across town to my friends house. As we rolled into George's driveway, the car died. No power so I asked her to fetch George so he could give me a jump start.
    Out comes George and before he could back his car up to mine, I hit the key in the Galaxie.
    And it fired.
    Idled smoothly and the heater warmed up the insides like a cozy fire.
    George raised and eyebrow and said, "That car always hated Rachelle."
    Nothing weird ever happened again with the Galaxie. The last time I saw it, it was being restored by a wealthy German businessman and being shipped to his summer home in Germany.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  21. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Salty, I love ship stories.... more please.

22. I'm pretty sure my coupe is haunted by a Chinese guy who must have died in a tragic fire. 'Cuz, every morning there's always a few pieces of burnt rice on the seats and floorboards.
    Creepy as hell... but I always eat 'em so's not to offend the spirits.

JOE:cool:

23. i dont belive in ufo's. but it shure would help exsplane ED ROTH

Spooky likes this.
  24. tstclr

tstclr

Repeat after me: how do you know that there are no ghosts?

25. tstclr

tstclr

Our 125 year old house has a TON of strange activity every time we do any renovation work. It would also make sense the same thing would happen when working on an old car.

26. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

my off topic Japanese car is really hard to find body parts for, they are pretty rare in this style, i found one local in a junkyard here, the car was full of bullet holes, and the seats,headliner and carpet looked like they had dried blood on them, a LOT of dried blood. i got everything I could off that car, beggars can't be choosers, but every dam part off that thing has given me problems. I could see some of them, but i pulled hundreds of pieces off of it, and every time i try to use one something goes wrong, I'm not one to believe in ghosts, but this is weird. the other thing, every bullet hole on that car came from INSIDE of the car, all the holes had the metal blown out.not in. I knew the person who owned the yard and I told her that i'm sure someone died in that car in some violent way, she was going to crush it, but the crusher broke down when they tried to, whats freaky is that place had closed, and all the buildings burned to the ground later, that may have been a coincidence, but still creepy.

Spooky likes this.
  27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I hear ya, my house is over a hundred years old, and there are apartments added to the sides, the middle apartment next to the house was empty for a while, we kept hearing someone walking around in there, then one night we head banging and thuds against our wall, called the cops thinking some tweaker broke in, and he clearly head the sounds too, yet when he got in there the place was closed up tight. I know the couple that used to live there was kind of nutty and she died in there, both of them used a bucket for a bathroom because they were terrified of the one there, thats what backs up to my apartment, and the guy after them was a heavy drinker and used to run out of there yelling someone was in there. guy after him went completely nuts, talking about bring in the spatula and net nuts. who knows, it's freaky anyway. My inside dogs routinely start barking at the air in the middle of the night, they see something. I'm not into ghots or anything but I don't think you can explain away everything. Anyone who is a christian person knows evil walks this earth, place has been cursed since Adam, so a few spooks around probably isn't a suprise.

28. GlenC

GlenC

Not a car, but certainly haunted as Hell!

1979, my girlfriend Deb (now wife of 29 years) and I are on a driving holiday in north Queensland. We've got a few contacts for places to stay cheap/free and this night we were allowed to pitch our tent in the back yard of a country police station (Mareeba) and use the empty cells shower block. We arrived at sunset and had to pitch the tent in almost darkness, so we didn't get a chance to look around the yard, but first thing next morning Deb goes for a wander in the yard. She comes back real quick, white as a sheet...

"There's an old caravan in the corner, and it's got a real creepy feeling to it."

So I go to check it out. We're both great cemetery wanderers, so old places full of death aren't scary to us, but approaching this old caravan I could feel the temperature dropping like crazy, and this feeling of dread coming over me. I persevered and got almost all the way up to the van, which was covered in faded circus posters, but couldn't see anything unusual. The sargeant came out of the back of the station.

"You've found our murder van I see, creepy isn't it."

He got the keys and opened it up for us to see the inside. A circus performer had come home and caught his wife in bed with someone else, and he'd killed both of them inside the van, which had been kept as evidence for the trial and never disposed of afterwards. Inside the van was just as it had been after the murders. Dried blood all over the walls, floor and tangled sheets, everything in a huge mess where the couple had fought for their lives.

We thanked the sargeant and moved on that day, no way were we going to sleep in that yard again the second night!

Cheers, Glen.

29. My first wife(the good ex) and I bought a house built in 1927 from the original owner,whose wife of many years had passed away in it. Always felt a presence,a good one in that place,including the garage. When we moved in,we replaced the carpet only,as the rest of it was more than to our liking,but asked "permission" from the spirit of the lady before we proceeded. Though renovations can disturb the spirit entities in a residence,I think if proper respect is shown,there should be no problems. My first wife was Wiccan,and very attuned to those unseen forces that sometimes guide our lives.

I've had vehicles that I felt a strong kinship with(my '64 Fury,'65 Olds Cutlass,'79 H-D Sportster,'85 Buick T-Type Regal,current '99 Softail),and at times felt as if there were some good entity that came along with it. There's others,no matter how hard I'd try to build a strong relationship with,that were dead(?)-set against it('64 Impala,'68 Z/28,'71 Buick Centurion,'72 Camaro,'74 Buick Regal,'76 Regal,'77 Sportster). I also sold them when the realization hit that it was NOT going to work out.

The gf mentioned something when the topic of the '64 Plymouth I found and want came up:"If it was meant to be yours,it will be and the opportunity will present itself". Well,I "found" the car,and even put my beloved bike(the '99) up for sale,along with my one racing snowmobile,in order to try and purchase it. Deals for both fell through;I wonder if that's the message? The bike and I have been through a LOT together;she has a good spirit watching over her(and I). I'd keep her,but my back and hip problems keep me from riding as often as I'd like. There's no sense in having her just sit in the garage collecting dust and rust. The snowmobile(a '76 Arctic Cat Z),on the other hand, hates me,and has been a PITA almost from the time I bought it. No previous owners died while racing it,so I am not sure why it acts like it does. Looking forward to seeing that one leave,if it ever does-I've had 5 deals fall through when trying to sell it.

I,too have felt that sense of "dread" when looking at a particular vehicle to purchase,and was smart or "aware" enough to move on. Other times,I sensed it(my Z/28 and my '77 Sportster) and still made the deal,only to regret it down the road.

Sometimes the voices in your head are right!

30. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

We live in an old Victorian farm house(1891) and also have the semi-derelict original farm house (1860) and out buildings.We've experienced some strange things here since moving in and starting renovation work.Funny thing is,we don't feel scared or threatened in any way.
    My wife,who is a total sceptic,was looking out the kitchen window one summers evening when she saw an old guy in turn of the century clothing,driving what appeared to be a pony and trap accross our rear garden!she could only see him from the waist up due to our high window cills.She turned to call me,looked back and he'd gone!
    We later found out that what is now our garden,was once a track leading to the old farm stables!
    In one room,in front of the fire place,the floor boards were heavily worn in a footprint shape.Obviously where the previous occupant stood to warm up after a days work.My dog sits next to the fire place wagging his tail and looking up as though someone friendly were talking to him!
    The dog also sometimes sits facing the corner of the living room wagging his tail looking upward and moving his head from side to side.
    We regularly catch a glimpse of shadows moving,out of the corner of the eye.
    When working in the workshop,either making gates or working on my 'A',every now and then,out of nowhere,I get the feeling that someone is watching me.Not in a menacing way,but as if they're looking over my shoulder to see what I'm doing.I've got no problem with that!
    Couple of years ago,I met the grand daughter of the guy that built our house and invited her round to show her our plans for the house.She said her grandfather would have been pleased that someone was putting it back how it should be.When we described the old man on the pony and trap,she said it sounded like her grand father!
    Two black Labs have also been seen playing in our yard by contractors.Haven't seen them myself but,a previous occupant had two which died while he lived here.
    Before I moved in,I would say I was an open minded sceptic.But now,because of what I've seen and heard here,I'm convinced there's something else.What it is,I don't know.