Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBAndy Ronald McDonald House Charities Video!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, May 12, 2016.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

I remember the day Andy opened the picture like it was yesterday...

Nick is one awesome person for sure... as are the many people who helped in the build as well as those who simply put a smile on Andy's face by sending cards or messages...

I totally agree the HAMB a great association and the members who call this place cyber home are top shelf!

Cheers
    Leon

2. Nick, isn't on here much if any. sent him the video, it was perfect timing for him to see, as he was having a bad day.

3. pitman

pitman

What a nice tribute the event and this film are. Thanks MV, for posting it.

movingviolation likes this.
  4. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

So glad I saw this. Brought a lot of tears, both of joy and sadness. So glad to have been a part of this.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Just watched the video and then read all the comments with great difficulty and eyes full of tears. Inspirational

7. movingviolation

movingviolation

And as a GREAT UPDATE.... Andy's Race Day raised a whopping $35,000 which was given to the Ronald McDonald House charity! Andy's family are continuing to give back to this charity in his memory and as a way to pay it forward for all the love the HAMB has shown their son.

drdave likes this.
  8. atch

atch

Leon,

That's great. Thanx for the update. Still miss the kid and I never even got the chance to meet him in person.

9. Until your in the position of having to go through what the Dunn family has gone through it is hard to explain. Life can be cruel, but here is an example of something good, very good that helps people get through their time of pain and for years to come make it have purpose.
    We did a charity fund raiser in the summer of 2014 for Make A Wish Canada inspired by our grand daughter. We got back much more in heart warming memories than I can describe.
    Kudos to the Dunn family and hopefully this fund raiser will inspire more H.A.M.B. members and hot rodders all over the world to give back in some way!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    movingviolation and drdave like this.
  10. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow - sitting here with tears in my eyes

Its a been a long time since I've read anything about Andy and to see you guys continuing on with this is sensational

The HAMB community has always been one of my favourites and its stuff like this that reinforces that even when I'm away from it for lengthy periods

To everyone involved and still donating - kudos!

11. A short video of Hambandy's Model A at the Memorial Race Day. Winds were quite high so I had to put music in it. .