Register now to get rid of these ads!

halibrand or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodguz, Jan 4, 2012.

1. hotrodguz

hotrodguz
    from El sereno

Hello All,

After searching everywhere, I have not been able to identify these wheels on this track roadster. They look like a cross between halibrands kidney bean 5 and cookie cutter wheels. Cam anyone identify them and who makes them?

Attached Files:

2. metal man

metal man

Sorry,I don't know. Maybe billet?They look sort of billet'ish to me,but nice. may be a one-off deal.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think those are one off billet rim with knockoff

4. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

A nice copy but not made by Halibrand bet by CNC machine

5. Yes, those are one offs, like everything else on that car.

6. daddio211

daddio211

The wheels on the roadster are indeed one-offs... from Billet Specialties or one of those manufacturers. The wheels on the right are from So Cal Speed Shop. Spendy, but bitchin!

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The car is from Moal Coach builders out of San Fran... Why not call them and ask?

8. They're Billet Specialties Bonneville wheels.

Steve

9. erlomd

erlomd

yes sir! and I believe they have an option to add a knock off too..but not sure
    [​IMG]

10. hotrodguz

hotrodguz
    from El sereno

Thanks Guys, I was pulling my hair sorting through halibrand pages.

11. hotrodguz

hotrodguz
    from El sereno

I called Billet specialties and e-mailed them a picture of the roadster. NOT THERE WHEEL! Per them. Gonna continue searching and taking louvers advice!

12. The shiney ones look like Halibrand spindle mounts all polished up. the kidney bean looking wheels look like knock offs for an indy car.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Knowing the upline stuff out of Mole's shop, I would not be shocked if they are a custom machined deal for that particular car. But that said, they are most definitely an "interpitation" of the Halibrand kidney bean type sports wheel of the mid fifties.

Several manufaturers make variations of that wheel in all sorts of siizes. The best replica of the actual Halibrand wheel is from P.S. Engineering over in CA. American racing makes a good looking, resonably priced replica of the same as well, but at last look is limited to 15,16, and 17" options. I have had my set on my avatar for almost ten years now and been quite happy with them. So-Cal has a a replica as well, but strictly 16" sizes and very narrow widths suited for bias ply tires. As I said before, all of the billet wheel guys offer some interpitation as well in bigger sizes.

14. I wouldn't be surprised if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand has machined/sold.

15. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

This car was built by Harry Willett from Orland Park, Il and was the 2009 AMBR winner. It is not a Moal built car. Here is the number I have for Harry, give him a call about the wheels. 1(708) 361-4592

16. hotrodguz

hotrodguz
    from El sereno

Hey man, Thanks alot! Will definitely make a call.

Greg