Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

paintslinger805 likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dunno Runnin Auburns are pretty wild too...o_O but this car is evolving in a good way...

3. Lol why doesn't anyone like my tilted gauges? The mirror looks awesome I think it's a 36 ford. But I can't remember. Like I said before I have tons of old nos and just old parts so I'm just going back and thinking of all the cool stuff I have to make this car that much more bitchin. I really like the rust repair you did for me stogy. :D Thank you so much stogy it really helps to see just a glimpse of my crazy kustom mind. Now to me the dash is looking like a real early airplane cockpit. Hell I might have to put a air speed gauge in it so I know when I hit hypppppperrrrrsonicccccccccccc:D:D

Stogy likes this.
  4. Yea Wyatt I am still looking for the auburn dash but it will go in 3w when I recreate grandpas 3w. He still gos back and forth of what car he had it in anyways. Everytime we talk about it he has a hard time remembering so it's up in the air. Now I'm just at that point where I'm doing it for him but I also have to make it mine.

Stogy likes this.
  5. And yes everyone I will take care of the position on the bezel. I will only be running it if I can find another one. Stogys picture looks to good to run just one. I hope I can find it before I bring home the trophy for ambr, at the grand nats......:rolleyes::eek::)

Stogy likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

37 Plymouths are not super rare. Hemmings maybe. I think you'll find it...

7. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

If only rust repair was that easy eh?

And that is a Chrysler part not a Plymouth correct. Plymouth emblems are not easy to find. The one I have on the back of my truck was only on a certain delux sedan. Coupes didn't get the same emblem.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

As I've been searching for one to give Bruce to trade for parts he was sending me, I believe that it's unique to the Chrysler Imperial series C-15 and also the Royal.
    No luck yet.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. image.jpg This is how I found out it was 37 Chrysler .

Stogy likes this.
  10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now, that is balance ! Very unique. The haters must be pissing in their skivvies.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hotrod Jalopidum at its finest...kudos to Slinger who has the skills, knowledge, wisdom, creativity(and lots of parts) and Pops who has done the walk and talk. This combined makes for a well oiled team for an interesting and exciting vintage build.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Now this is some cool shit right here.....Love it all.

14. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Shimmy shimmy shake. No bueno. Fixxy time. Got to get into the nos safe. Alittle here alittle there. Reamer I am...

loudbang and 63fdsnr like this.
  15. Good thing I can use the card board from this stuff to lite the BBQ. Tri tip sandwiches today...

loudbang likes this.
  16. image.jpg Damn car is falling apart.
    Piece oh junk!!!!

Runnin shine likes this.
  17. image.jpg Hell we even rebuild your zerk fittings here at hypersonic speed shop.
    All years exept 32 just $1.25
    32 please add $19.99 and if you act now we will do 2 for double the price.:D

Stogy likes this.
  18. image.jpg image.jpg I don't know about y'all but I know the older the zerk fitting is, the cooler they look.
    I try and rebuild them all I can on old cars when the time comes. It just a matter of pulling out the spring and bending them back so the ball fits the end and doesn't come through. After years and years of pumping grease in them the spring stretches out and the ball pushes it's way through the spring and then they don't like to hold the grease you pump in. Also the ball can make it's way to the spindle king pin and rub and rub and rub and sometimes even ruin the bushing. Hope this helps at least one of you and I will be happy.
    Ps the spring is like a screw it will screw out one way and screw back in the other way.

loudbang, Stogy, Jeff34 and 1 other person like this.
  19. DAM! Bruce you never stop pulling shit out of the sky to me. I have never rebuilt a zerk fitting and I don't think anyone I know has....But now I know it can be done thanks to you.....I have some old ones laying around from some deuce builds I am going to see about rebuilding.
    Thanks for the tip!

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm wonder if its spent some time up here in Ole Ontario :rolleyes: or maybe Bonneville...o_O

21. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yeah thanks Bruce! I saved a lot of mine to reuse but just haven't takin the time to look inside. Now I will, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Dennis that calendar kicks ass. Thats exactly the kind of calendar I was asking Ryan about. I got something for you today and I will get it in the mail Monday for ya. Thank you my friend.

23. Wyatt,
    I try to do, what I can do, when I can do it.

24. It's crazy the doors and bottoms of the quarter panels were packed with news paper and the body sat out side for 30 years or so but the floor is in perfect shape. No rust in floor just along the bottom edge where the newspaper held the water. Oh well that's what I get for spending 4000 on the junk. I should of bought a brookville body.:(o_O:rolleyes:

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Real Vintage Steel it just has to be. It has spirit...I know you wouldn't have it any other way. Always pros and cons...

26. image.jpg So at x-mas me and grandpa was talking about the 32 and I said I think I'm down to just needing a headlight switch as the lights are the only thing really left to do. Only need them at night of course. So today I open the door and the mailman handed me a box. Who's it from grandpa. I open it up and he found and sent me two 40 ford headlight switches. RAD!!!!!!

27. image.jpg Oh yea and for the guys still reading this thread I guess I can share this with ya. He sent me this letter a few months back amd some pictures and 383dennis is the only one so far to read it when he stayed with me for trog west. Hope you injoy really deal hotrod stories. This is a hotrod fact. JACK!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait to start recreating his 3w. Just so happens I can now add the other light switch to the 3w parts pile.

28. Dang it Bruce! Scan and post the pic's!
    Geeze, your turning into me!:D
    BTW, only a Real hotrodder would rebuild zirk fittings. That new stuff just don't cut it!

loudbang likes this.
  29. I knew you would like it....Plus it even has a shot of my 3 window for November.
    It is put out by Royboy Productions. He is a great guy so anyone wanting one can get it from his web site. He also has a Custom one.

30. image.jpg image.jpg As My search continues I came across another picture of grandpas car. It's a really good shot of the rear of the car. Check it out. On my wife's lab top I can see the plate number pretty good but when I take picture of it in the phone it kind of messes with it. I will keep up the P.I. Work.

DylanHill1931, Stogy, 63fdsnr and 3 others like this.