Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Garage find roadster 27 T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wood remover, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Didn't have to look to hard it has been in the back of my fathers garage for the past 20 years.
    I went over last week and fixed the flat tires ,drained the old gas and put in fresh gas and a new battery
    and got it running. My father then gave it to me and told me to take it home and hot rod it ...
    WHAT TO DO ,WHAT TO DO IMG_8847 (1).jpeg IMG_8840.jpeg IMG_8851.jpeg

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

patiently waiting for some yahoo to say how nice and complete it is to cut up

3. 2935ford

2935ford

How nice and complete it is to cut up!

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - good to keep future Hot Rods in the Family

5. ... that's what the wolf said to lil' red riding hood. Pretty sure she was eaten. Hope the dinner bell is ringing.

6. Neat! I'd be tempted to build another chassis (or two) completely and make the body "quick release" somehow! Stocker, early gow, and 60's drag car! That may because I'm struggling to keep a direction on mine at the moment though :oops:. Enjoy!

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

nice to have something complete and clean to start with,
    tough to decide which way to go,
    pre war, post war, fifties or sixties

8. t.jpg Restored '26-'27 roadsters aren't worth much even to the restorer crowd. I'd rod the pup.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    blowby likes this.
  9. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

I would be that yahoo! Why cut up a perfectly good car? There's plenty of junk cars to start with.
    Its one thing to take a piece of junk that is unused & unwanted & turn it into something useable. Its another thing to take something usable & tear it apart just because.

36couper, Kan Kustom and Model T1 like this.
  10. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

11. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

HOT-ROD it you will never regreat it. Just do it

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Model T1

Model T1

That's a nice and nearly perfect T roadster.
    Now chop the top, swap to a custom frame with all new suspension, 9" Ford rear, and MMII front end, a big block, paint it flat black and make it look like patina, add lots of billet, maybe 24" skinny wheels and tires, and drive it.o_O
    Don't forget the LED lites.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Toronto, eh? Too cold for roadsters out there, keep it in Canada, but send it out to somewhere on the west coast. But not Vancouver, that place is full of yuppies, greenies and scenesters, too crowded as well. Somewhere with more open space, less traffic, where it can be happy. Like, uh Surrey for instance. yea, Surrey would be PERFECT...

Model T1 likes this.
  14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Can I ask for first refusal on both tail lights, bumpers, and wire wheels? Bob

117harv and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Or envision something like this ...... image.jpg :). Flux

16. The big time builders all say start with the best example you can find, and you have a great start there.
    I'm keen to follow along, and watch this transformation from stocker to hot rod. :cool:

volvobrynk and 37hotrod like this.
  17. flatford39

flatford39

I would actually drive it like it is for a season and give some long thought to what you want to do with it. That is a nice car. Enjoy it for awhile before you start dismantling.

I see a a really nice open wheel roadster on a 32 chassis powered by an OHV engine of your choice.

It's going to need a QC rear as well.

18. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Yeah, send it to Surrey and it will be filled with "patina" looking bullet holes with in a day.
    Now if you want to give it some tender loving care, send it to Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

No bullet holes in ANY of my stuff. Or skulls...goddam uppity islanders, think they are so great, with all thier fancy pants gardens and 4 oclock teas at the Empress...:rolleyes::D

20. pitman

pitman

Boys! Boys! Enough inter-Province squabbling! ;)
    The Novi fellas, and New Brunswick crowd build some cool stuff, eh Hacker?

21. 2935ford

2935ford

We can do some nice stuff out here.........

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just a little inter-city cliche swapping on a Sunday afternoon...:p

pitman likes this.
  23. Congrats! That is awesome your dad gave you the T to hot rod, my vote would be something like this, have a little more tyre rake though.
    JPB-1927-T-roadster-001-l.jpg

alchemy, Model T1, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  24. nobux

nobux

I'm with him! You've got a clean car. Hot rod it, but keep it classy.

25. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Hard to argue w Mr model t s car. That would be my template. Search for his complete thread

26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Put it in the back of your garage, let the air back out of the tires and give it to your son in 20 years. Ya got a nice hot rod.

Model T1 and clem like this.
  27. Thanks Guy's
    I am going to drive the car as is for the summer, It may be slow but man is it fun. Nothing like driving an all original Model T !!!!
    I have a few way's to go with her when I do, I have been a collector of car stuff for years ,
    I have a fully boxed model A chassis squirrelled away , 39 -40 front and rear axles and bones , V8 -60 hp and trans .
    But then again also have a 425 buick nailhead and trans ,9 inch rear , but has to stay straight axle I'll have to sell my mustang II stuff so I don't get tempted

Model T1, kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  28. indyjps

indyjps

Cool that you're driving as is a while. 40's gow job would be a pretty straight forward build with everything you have. Then build it again, and again in different eras. Fenders on and off etc.
    Good looking car

Model T1 and clem like this.
  29. JimSibley

JimSibley

Slammed, fendered, flathead, and chopped.