Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Frenched headlights on a 48 Chevy pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod35, Feb 26, 2010.

1. hotrod35

hotrod35
    from IL

I have a 48 Chevy pickup and was going to french the headlights. I see alot of the kits on the auction website. There seems to be quite a few that look the same, but higher priced. They even use the same pics. Is there one that everybody uses more than others?
    Thanks in Advance [ no pun intended ]

2. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

Dont have a cluo to post pic´s
    but give me a call on e-mail and u get pic´s

3. Master of None

Master of None
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've used 2 different types, liked 1 more than the other. I used a HAGAN frenched headlamp kit for a customers 54 Chevy truck. I didn't like the adjusters because you had to remove the snap in trim ring cover to access them. It works like a trim ring on a car rim. Used a kit from Kool Rides kit available from Speedway. I liked it better because you can adjust the headlamps with out removing the trim ring. the whole kit seemed to be a better quality. Alothough the HAGAN kit's trim ring does come in a high polished stainless, while you have to polish the Kool Rides.

4. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Yeah, frenched headlights......

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. RMR&C

RMR&C
    from NW Montana

Only my opinion, but I think the hagan kit looks like ass........do a search for "frenched headlights", there are a bunch.