Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Found this today....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by txturbo, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Lol !

2. Bart78

Bart78

Make a list of what you think the parts are worth. Tell him he can keep the fenders. I would bet that there is not that much there in parts. Motor and parts wise. All that probably needs rebuilt. Tell him the crap roof will have to be taken off and fixed right. Pick the crap out of it. Either he will sell it. Or he won't. For him to part it out. He will have to use his time to take it apart. Let him know all this.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. redo32

redo32

Boy, those closeups sure shoots down all our fun & speculation. This is more what I expected. I guess I'm an optimist, hoping it is more and better than it is.

4. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Thanks for getting us all excited for a day. Sit on it a week and go back.

5. alchemy

alchemy

Let's play the price game. From the pics, supposing the subframe isn't all rotted away, and the usual amount of rust in the lower quarters, I'd say it's worth $2500. What do you all say?

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

doesn't matter what we say, it only matters what the owner said. what was he asking?

7. I got to laugh at all the folks that think that '50s and '60s working class men we all Leave it to Beaver. I can still remember going to this diner in McMinnville with my grandpa when I was little and the loggers coming on all dirty and sweaty. Once one of them bought my granddad and me some of that *Gull Derned goose berry pie because they liked the old man with the little red headed kid.

OK back on topic:
    Now I have seen some better pics and I am absolutely sure that I was wrong when I adhered to the cut down sedan theory.

* gull derned = extremely toned down version of what the working man had to say. ;)

Alchemy
    I agree with that. I would rather give closer to 15 but 25 hundred is probably closer to reality.

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Bart78

Bart78

You will get all kinds of answers on what people think its worth. Around here that would sit for ever if someone was asking 2,500. No one would want that much work. And very few would be interested in a model a. To get that kind of money they would have to advertise on Craig's list and hope someone from the DFW area will come and look at it. I would say a thousand tops.

9. Squablow

Squablow

Pulled out of the woods, with all the mold washed off, and assuming it has a title, you could probably get $2800 for that car around here. Quite a bit less without a title.

Really neat to see followup pics. Would love to hear what the owner wants for it, if you're willing to say.

10. redo32

redo32

Porknbeaner.............. dang I need to take some time to contemplate HAMB speak expletives. You've got it down & I get called on the carpet like a grade schooler. My Dad would have swatted me too, or at least "that look". Dad was pretty good and rarely cussed even when driving. Mom was good around us kids too, but after Dad died she would sometimes break loose like a sailor. I wonder if the H police are going to get us for turning this into facebook?

I've always thought a project wasn't worth more that $500, but I've had to up that to $1500. Like you said "real world" for guys that aren't "thrifty" like us would be $2500.

And.... Your a redhead too.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Bart78

Bart78

I would not call wanting to give much for it thrifty. It's supply and demand. Some areas still have quite a few cars. And no one who wants to mess with them. People around here don't care about old cars. For how little rain we have had around here. The past few years. These people would rather have some money for feed for their cows. Than some old rusty car or pickup. For sure pickups. Every where you go there are 40's and 50's model pickups sitting. Where they have been for years.

12. alchemy

alchemy

Bart you need to make some BIG MONEY by loading up a trailer with all your cheap cars and bringing them north to sell. Fill the trailer with water for the trip back down.

13. Bart78

Bart78

That's what I tell my wife. But she knows in will end up wanting to keep them. I do find a lot of cars and trucks. I have a couple of insurance guys that do farm and ranch stuff. They tell me everything they find. And we pig hunt all over. And run into stuff all the time.

14. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

If it was down the road from me I would buy it ;-)

But cars around here gets junk before I can find them.

The really good and restored ones go for 20.000-25.000 usd. But that one model a owners would just sigh a D turn there head at it.
    I would (g)estimat weight, and multiply by scrap price.
    Thats what we do.

15. txturbo

txturbo

he has no title....and he wants more than $2500. If you washed off the mold there wouldn't be much left.....cept for the fiberglass fenders and running boards.
    Shortly after I found that one a guy stopped by my house an offered me a free 54 Chevy pickup so I went with that . Still waiting to hear how much he wants for the parts I need.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Squablow likes this.