Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Wow. :rolleyes:

Tony you are chopping away at that bad boy! :cool: This the stance you are going for? Looks like the back bumper is fill-able?

[​IMG]

Mac30 likes this.
  2. Hey Brad - I'm gonna ignore the pissing and moaning from you only because in 2008 you carried my tools on the maiden voyage to Billet Proof Florida! Haha! Remember that? :) We had a good time. Hot Rods. Right ? That's all it is ..... no wait .... its friends. That's what it really is. We got there late because I broke down like 10 times. You had my tools in your truck and you stopped every time. We had to eat SPAM at the gas station. ;) . Let's grab as many good times as we can, no matter where they are.

user14033_pic12378_1218483548.jpg

user14033_pic12383_1218483467.jpg

Big A, Mac30, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  3. any red shop rags in use?

4. SPAM is rough on the colon. Always carry a shop rag. :rolleyes:

GAOldsman and enloe like this.
  5. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Love that pic at Billet Proof. Two more beer drinkers, a cooler and a couch and you got King of the Hill. Woo hoo.

Tudor likes this.
  6. allwilly

allwilly

Funny..I was there too n never met up w u guys...damn jeffy n his poor manners

Tudor likes this.
  7. RAT ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss kevin

allwilly likes this.
  8. Funny how the years blur together.

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Get ON IT, DawGONE IT!

10. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Good times for sure. The Spam wasnt the best idea but it did keep us alive. We need to do Billetproof again

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I can remember back in'57 a friend and I were changing a transmission in my '32 3 wdw, which in a stock '32 frame required pulling the engine. We were using the shop in his Father's salvage yard, along with a trans from a junker in that yard.
    Our lunch was soda crackers, cheese, and potted meat! On Thanksgiving day!!!!!!!!!

12. Like on sling blade

13. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Mmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmm.... Any updates Tony? The Tilt front knocked her up several notches on the badass scale

GAOldsman and Tyresmoke like this.
  14. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Killer work Tony!!! If anyone can tell me how to fix my subscription to this thread or wants to complain about when I scheduled my daughter birthday party please PM me.

15. Circus Bear - are you going to be here for the first ride :) ? Won't be long ya know ....

Finished up the valley venting - the rear ones will go to the header exhaust vents.
    valley.jpg

Then moved on to the rear shock mounts .
    rear_shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    Then worked on the tank mounting -
    tanks.jpg
    Brakes are all plumed and ready to be bled. The clutch works! At least sitting still it works ;) Not done welding yet. If you go fast this tube will get stuck - don't ask me how I know :(

pedals.jpg

Quain Stott, enloe and stealthcruiser like this.
  16. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Rock and Roll, Brother!
    I know ya' ain't done welding yet, but are ya' gonna' box those shock mounts, on the top and bottom?

17. Your on the home stretch now! Can't wait to see this thing.

18. Do you think it needs it? The SEG dropped the Stadium Off Road event from the schedule this year :rolleyes:

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

If it breaks make it stronger...if it don't make it lighter.

tylercrawford and Dog_Patch like this.
  20. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Seems like cheap and easy insurance to me. Those rear shocks many take some weight on launch.

stealthcruiser likes this.
  21. All sorts of fancy engineering goin on here. Shocks should just resist movement in either direction and should't carry any weight - That's what the springs do. Now there will be some forces applied to the shock mounts during launch and from all other movements - depending on how you've got them adjusted :D

Full locked - probably will see the entire load of the of the back of the car and break :)

22. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I agree with the comment about shocks . That is assuming all loads are vertical. I think the way they are now would control the little bit that there may be. I was thinking about the possibility of side side load. Then again there are much smarter people than me here, I was just giving my .02.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  23. 69fury

69fury

Dunno about in the valley, but i've always attached exhaust vents towards the front of the valve covers to pull more vapor and less oil- do you think that you'll pull alot of oil from the rear of the valley? Love the build- keep up with the pics. -rick.

24. Yeah Rick - wasn't sure that will work, but just couldn't bring myself to drill those factory chrome covers. Guess I'll try this and if they need drilled, I have some beater covers that can do the job.

25. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Yep, or I wouldn't have said it.
    Watch out for these Engineer types........'Lectrical or otherwise.........

26. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

What he said........Is the valley cover symmetrical, as in rotate it 180 degrees?

27. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I think Dog_Patch is one of them there 'Lectrical Engineers too. Now a skinny chef or a Airplane type mechanics are the real folks to watch out for.

stealthcruiser likes this.
  28. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Skinny Chef........Concur on that!

Now unless you are in the French Alps, them Airplane Mechanics will treat you right!

(no, wait.........That was someone with a Degree, wasn't it........)

C B, my First Wife wants to know when this turntable is going away..............

29. Not symmetrical but it would'nt take a lot to make a new flat place out of a piece of flat aluminum - which I should have done in the first place. If we knew someone who owned a CNC shop .... in Georgia ...... just sayin.