Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Deuce Three Window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Carl La Fong, Apr 29, 2015.

1. I'll post some pictures of it soon. Yes I'm the one that got it. And yes I know I need intervention

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

As long as it goes to a HAMBer, I'm satisfied, don't care whom gets it. I would be glad, if I get to see the build thread!

And my wife/banker/minister of capital says she is happy I don't have that kind of cash.
    Nice score

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

They don't make those anymore you know!!!

3wLarry and volvobrynk like this.
  4. I
    I have a build thread on my other 3 wd. I'll add this to that one

5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Would you please post a link for that thread? Thanks :cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. A Rodder

A Rodder

Super awesome!

7. thequietwon

thequietwon

So what did you give for it? Pretty shifty guys to deal with. The son in law contacted me last Friday night and said the car was indeed for sale. Then he started texting and calling Sunday with pics implying we had a deal made on the car. Last I was told was that the owner was uncertain on what he wanted to let go with car. I was promised a shot on the car when he finally decided what he wanted to do.
    Congrats on the car...will make a nice one for sure.
    Sam

8. Not sure what deal you made but when I spoke to him he told me about the car. I asked what the father wanted he told me and I took it. Very straight up dude and kept to his word. Car needs all lowers but really solid car. It will make a great car. I was hoping to buy the sedan delivery also but not for sale as nothing else is either. But I enjoyed meeting them and he plans on coming up to see the car come together.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks like a nice start, guess the folks on the AACA site will be crying over it now. Bob

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

11. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I know the car found nice home. Look like you found some nice friends.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. thequietwon

thequietwon

Once again congrats on the car, and I am glad it went to a good home. No sour grapes here, and certainly not towards you. I do know what I was told and promised, and that isn't what happened.
    For anyone that wants to know they were offered 56,000 as is for the sedan delivery not too long ago ...
    Sam

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

They will cry them self to sleep tonight, and weak up in sweat and tears, and still be able to hear the sound of sawsalls and words like chop, channel, split bones and dropped axles, that woke them up.

They seem like nice guys, over on the other site/side, and they are preserving parts for us to have a later time. So we should be thankfull, but I can't help my self. LOL

14. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Yankee Mike who bought the car said the seller was straight up dudes and kept there word. The (thequietwon) who did not get the car said the seller was shifty guy to deal with. Very interesting.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  15. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Way to go Mike!

16. thequietwon

thequietwon

Not interested in starting drama friend...I know what happened on my end. For what it's worth I did receive an apology by the seller last night. I wouldn't have posted anything at all but for the fact that I was totally floored when I saw it had been sold.
    Once again congrats on the car...
    Sam

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. "what's it worth?" is the internet's defacto way of putting something up for sale.

I think people think they are clever selling things that way.

18. Great score Mike...Hope ya start a build page on it.

19. LOL well anything is only worth what someone is willing to give for it so instead of selling something for X amount of dollars or best offer you just ask what it is worth and sell it to the highest bidder. ;)

Don't know what was paid for the deuce, I hope not a ton because I don't like to see anyone get taken to the cleaners. But as long as the buyer is happy I suppose that it what it is worth. neat old car for sure a good start to a hot rod.

20. Yeah, what a bunch of suckers we are.:rolleyes:

porknbeaner likes this.
  21. Doubtful that the guys on the AACA will get upset for chopping the body on this one.

22. They should've taken that offer.

23. BLACKPRIMERFAN

BLACKPRIMERFAN
    from OH/MI LINE

Who ever sketched up those body lines at Fo Mo Co must have made a deal with the devil, because man are they sweet! Makes a man want to start robbing banks, so he can buy one!

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Blackprimerfan: I agree its a great design, but the '32 three window bodys are not an in house piece. They were produced by the Murray Corp from Detroit,and some by the Canadian Top & Body Corp.

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. BLACKPRIMERFAN

BLACKPRIMERFAN
    from OH/MI LINE

Thanks for the info, I did a little researching & it sounds Murray & CT&BC produced the bodies, but Ralph Roberts of Briggs may have designed the body, buy repackaging an unused Plymouth design? Another report states Joe Galamb, a ford body guy, might have designed it taking cues from a Lincoln design? The interesting part of the history is that NO ONE gets credited for designing one of Fords most beautiful body designs? Again, I'm leaning toward somebody making " a deal with the devil"!

volvobrynk and bowie like this.
  26. jafo24

jafo24

Man, Nice to see you all chuckin me under the Bus about trolling sites trying to Sell Off Pops "JUNK".
    Neither he nor I knew what the market would bring as he quit collecting all this stuff in the 70's and its been sitting since. Not scamming anyone, or posting fake ads.

Im very Glad the 3Window went to Yankee Mike, as he and his Father were a pleasure to deal with and seem to be straight up guys. I know Sam B wasn't happy with how it all shook out and I apologized for that.

As far as the 32 Sedan Delivery goes, he's now ready to sell that and will be hanging on the last 32 Tudor he has.
    Just now need to figure out what the right price for the Delivery is and where best to try and list it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  27. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

If it was my car I would put it on EBAY. That way you will not have to deal w/ no shows, pic collectors, or want be's. I know Yankee Mike would be glad to help you out. He just helped his dad sell a 1937 ford on EBAY. You would have people all over the world looking at the car. There a lot people on the west coast that would love have car like that. Good luck on selling the car. Hope the car finds a good home.

28. jafo24

jafo24

32 Sedan Delivery out of the garage

Attached Files:

29. Cool.
    Al.

jafo24 likes this.