Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dennis McPhail

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 12, 2009.

1. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

I was lucky enough to meet Dennis through my future father in law. He is a great guy and an amzing artist. I have dedicated my skin to him and wish I could get my rod goin so I can save up some more dough and go see him again. Here are a few shots

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      110.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      116.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      108.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      112.8 KB
      Views:
    • 001 (4).jpg
      001 (4).jpg
      File size:
      136.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

He draws good

3. I first spoke with Dennis over the phone in... I think it was 1995. I was buying some Halibrands for my Model A. The guy was uber helpfull over the phone... despite some screw-ups from the foundry... he was willing to do whatever it took to make my purchase a good one. I rememer talking to him about the Black Widow once or twice at a later time... over the phone. Always willing to chat.

He doesn't know me from Adam... but I introduced myself to him at Santa Maria last year... and it was just neat to meet the guy.

I always tell people that I want to get a tattoo... but I just haven't figured out what I want yet. Kinda of a running joke to most... but I am actually serious about it.

So in 2002, on our way to the HAMB Drags with the BFD in tow... we made somewhat of a detour and swung by Wellington after seeing family in Kingman and in Anthony... but his shop was closed for the day... hell, maybe he was at lunch... so we were on our way... and I dodged a bullet of sorts.

Sam

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Boy! Now I'll bet the tattoo prices just shot thru the roof. Dennis is already booked months ahead. All this attention is only gonna make it harder to get an appointment. He is a hell of an artist.... but you don't have to tell everyone! Guess I'll call and see if there are any appointments available in 2010! Dennis, Haymaker and I will see you soon. Congrats on the article.

5. ford9inch

ford9inch

First time I ever met McPhail he asked me "what the hell kind of kid doesn't drink pop?! Go get a haircut!"

couple years later he's loaning me money at the Roundup...

he's OK I guess

6. sloorider

sloorider

Rear life stories, great read, thanks to Ryan and Dennis for doing it...
    Man you look a lot like me...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  7. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

Dennis has changed my life in more ways than one and probably some ways he doesnt even realize. Since i spend everyday with the guy I dont want to be too nice, but he is a great friend, mentor, and brother. If you've ever heard someone say something bad about the guy they're a f_cking liar!!:cool:

8. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Nice piece Ryan. Have really enjoyed becoming friends w/ Dennis. Been such an instrumental part of the success of the Round Up. Thanks for all you do DP.

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan,

I don't think that any of us who have been around for a while haven't had this place change our lives in some way or another. Dennis is a good guy, I knew him more from the HAMB 1.0 days than ever in person, but I did get to meet him at Roundup '05. (I'm sure he remembers it. :rolleyes: )

Anyway, it's something that I think is special, I've made friends because of this place, it's affected mine and other's lives, I'll bet you never anticipated that, let alone what it did for you.

Ted

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I was doing some searching and ran across this thread.

Gotta bump it, 'cause Dennis really IS a good dude.
    Great read.

Malcolm