Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car and driver magizne... Scam and Fake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rotten johnny, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

I'm with you Johnny, if it was my car being beat by a photo chopped suv I would be pissed to.

2. rooman

rooman

Key words here--" i have not read the article". If you have not read the story in question how are you qualified to make any statement regarding Johnny being "nationaly (sic) disrespected" by the C & D guys. One of the reasons that this country is getting fucked up is attitudes like yours. Some of you sound like a bunch of little kids---"Ma he touched me".
    The only connection to Johnny in the story was that they photoshopped his car into the picture for dramatic effect. It is a killer looking car and the photo editor obviously felt that it was visually more effective than the car that they actually ran against (and got beaten by as stated in the text which you did not bother to read). The positioning of the cars in the photo was obviously not intended to put down Johnny or his car as he never got a mention in the story.
    If the text had said that they raced Johnny and beat him he may have a case for defamation but all they did was use a picture of his car in the magazine. End of story.
    I have seen less than half a dozen rational posts in this thread and a lot of ranting about lawsuits and giving either the magazine or BMW a hard time in some form or other. If I understand correctly the magazine has already apologized for the photo and that is a far as it should go or a bunch of HAMBers are going to look like idiots to the corporate world.

Roo

3. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

4. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I see you're in Michigan, the headquarters for Car and Driver is in Ann Arbor. How about you cruise the Nova over there and ask them if they want to try it for real???? :D:rolleyes:

5. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

touchy touchy! what, do you work for C&D??? my response was indirectly pointing out how sue happy and fucked up this country is!!! maybe i should have been a little more clear for the guys who have no sense of humor!

6. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Look Roo, it takes time to read a artical.Many people (believe it or not) look at the PICTURES in a artical and do not read it,or All of it. What the C-D people illustrated is CLEAR.It is also FAKE. I am over this and hopefully you will be reading a full length artical with pictures in car and driver,(guess who).
    I am with the majority here and you are one of the few who see's different.We are all entitled to our personal opinions. READ the title to this thread. Thats my opinion and I stand with 95% of the people here........
    I hope you get a lifetime subscription to car and driver.............you look good together. Johnny Rotten

7. scrpn5tnr

scrpn5tnr
    from tx

This would make a great pinks episode.Call Pinks and get them involved.

8. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Their scared shitless of my chevy II.

9. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

So what did the editor in chief have to say? What is the expected outcome?

(BTW, I saw the article and the photo, and without even reading the article I knew that the photo was only for dramatic effect.)

But if they ran a photo of your car you deserved a mention.

10. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

I was told by the editor that that was a joke,"don't you get it"
    I cant say too much now but on monday,there will be plenty to say.
    There are a few more people to talk to, I will keep this board posted.
    Its a shame....................................................

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

AAHHHH!!! Once again the HAMB (actually the members that have wasted their time posting) has managed to waste 15 minutes of my time that I'll never get back. It's all good as I wasn't doing anything important. The main thing is that once again the HAMB has generated more hot air than than a whole flight of balloons would use on a cross country race. Lets see if I have this right

1. C&D printed a picture that is a fake.
    2. The legit owner of one of the cars in the photo is pissed.
    3. A lot of finger pointing and bloviating has taken place.
    4. The pissed owner can initiate a lawsuit if he can afford the council to
    represent him.
    5. NO one but an "ambulance chaser" lawyer would touch the case.
    6. Pissed owner now has the ball in his court.
    7. Ryan gets to pay for this bull shit.
    8. Film at 11:00
    9. What did I miss?:rolleyes:

Frank

12. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Frank, lay down your pipe and take some fresh breaths of air
    No body forced you nor asked you to waste 15 minutes of your time, you did that voluntarily. Now relax and spend a few hours going thru the threads here and click on the threads you like.
    AAAHHHHHHHH, thats better now isn't it. Have a nice day.

13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

What did you miss? Why, 10 pm Central time, of course.

Seriously, no one is forcing anyone to spend their time on this. Regardless of the legal situation (I agree with you that there is probably nil in terms of wrongful actions or damages) it is a PR issue, and nothing wrong with having a chance to compare notes and vent.

14. If I was the owner of the Nova/Chevy II I'd want an apology in the next issue of C&D. It's one thing to photoshop interesting pics, it's another to put it in a national magazine where 95% of the readers assume that they are seeing a Bimmer beat a wild looking race car.

15. totosthename123

totosthename123

16. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I read that shitty article while waiting at the doctors office,..talk about fiction.
    I am throwing the bullshit flag on that BMW

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Call up BMW and ask for the most expensive car they make for free... or else. Gary

18. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Any idiot that would actually think the BMW would beat the ChevyII in a legitimate race needs to go back to their village. This kind of shit happens all the time, just look around the checkout stand at the supermarket. National Inquirer, Star and all the other rags have made a fortune on lies.

19. I say photoshop the article so it looks like it was published in the Weekly World News, you know the one that used to have articles like Hillary Clinton Meets With Aliens, and all sorts of monsters, psychics, ghosts and crap like that.

20. agtw31

agtw31

priceless!!!

21. BigChief

BigChief

Yeah....MY paper car can beat your paper car any day. Get yout scissors out....Ready! One, TWO! THREE!! GO!!!

22. BigChief

BigChief

95 percent of the C+D readers have sufficient reading comprehension skills and properly developed reasoning skills to determine that the image and the manner in which the article is written is sarcastic and maybe a bit humorous. Unfortunately the some folks here are struggling with that.

23. BigChief

BigChief

Your embarrassing yourself. Please stop this nonsense and spend your time running your very cool Nova.

24. 38plymouth

38plymouth

Did you inform your parents about this?

25. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Speaking of car mags, I swear Chad's wagon was in HR a couple of years ago.

As far as Car and Driver, I bet they just wanted to have a good looking photo from the track and they chose well. The Nova is sweet.

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Car and Driver? Who the hell reads that ?

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Stick it to um.

28. Diavolo

Diavolo

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q3/2010_bmw_x6_m_-road_test

My comment on the article is pending approval... Wanna bet on it getting approved?

"This article is getting severely flamed by the folks at the HAMB, particularly the owner of the gasser Chevy II you have photoshopped into the picture.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404058

A quick look at the passenger front window of your suv clearly shows white, not the orange car next to it. I say put up or shut up. Show a real race, print the numbers. It's shameful that you would
    1. Use the owners car without asking,
    2. Show badly photoshopped pics and represent them as truth.
    On page 3 of the thread above, there is a pic the original BMW car was taken from, being beat by an Anglia. The white in the passenger window is the wall.

BTW, according to the owner: "The chevy II goes 9,90s at 135 mph" thru the quarter. This is according to his own post on the car and driver forum. I think you should race for pink slips and print THAT!

For shame, Car and Driver..."

29. Comeon can't any of you read the article.
    It says the drag race was with a Ford Anglia w/500ci hemi.
    Bill.:p

30. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

seriously though rotten johnny how many screen names do you have, because ive never seen so many 1 post newbies respond on a single thread ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.