Register now to get rid of these ads!

best 32 ford 3w coupe kit car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikhett, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

If you look at his profile and his posts you will see he isn't a beginner. It appears he just doesn't have experience in building a prewar hot rod. He certainly shouldn't have used the word kit but he shouldn't be insulted by you guys for it. From the looks of some of the posts you started, you may have a glass car or two??

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Read this post off and on all afternoon.

Just my 2 pennies worth I would avoid the Outlaw body as that screams plastic at 100 feet.

The rest as mentioned it is time over money. If you put the money up front and get a body with doors hung and windows in and all the body bracing then it is money well spent, since you will be doing all that work yourself.

The cheaper the body the longer it could take to finish and drive the car.

3. Wow, it really is a kinder and genteler HAMB. I hope you find what you're looking for. If this turns into a shit storm like it would have just a few years ago don't be discouraged. There's nothing wrong with building a glass car.

4. I believe the original poster didn't realize that the natives were going to be hostile.

Using the terminology Kit Car on the Hamb is like waving a red flag in a bulls face,,the term is view as derogatory as the term rat rod.

There are a lot of company's making nice body's, both steel and glass, and everything is available from different manufactures to build a traditional looking hot rod. HRP

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

And some of the hostility came from guys with rat rods and fiberglass cars. Go figure.

6. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

If he can only afford the glass body so be it... No sense in throwing out insults towards him..... when he's just asking for advice on which body is the best!!

7. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

First off, I was agreeing with someone else's comment, to which many others had the same feeling, so why take an attack at me for agreeing??

If you think my coupe is a rat rod then I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I would think at your age you would know the difference between a hot rod and a slapped together POS but I guess you don't. Anyone can bolt together a fibreglass "kit" car and buy a stage 3 chassis and yet I still don't know how they qualify as traditional?? My coupe is scratch built and everything on it is pre-65 with the exception of the air ride that so many "traditionalists" can't get by. Other than the rear end and TH350, everything on my build is traditional, like it or not. And yes, they did have air ride in the 50's. And yes, it's built safe and was well thought out prior to doing anything.

Not everyone will like a heavy chopped and channeled A with a little "new" school, but not everyone likes big boy models where everything just bolts together and there's no thought or creativity behind them. A "deuce" in a box just isn't for me, that's all. I'm sure if the moderators considered my coupe a rat rod I would have been banned. I would very much like to see where your skills lye when it comes to scratch building anything before you start calling others builds out.

8. hammer bowling

hammer bowling

I built the Model A in my avatar in 1983 from a body and a frame and it looks much better than that thing in your avatar there hooligan.

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This is the best outlook. They're always gonna be around.

10. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Ive done very little HAMBing for a while, I come back and this is the first thread I click on...

rat rods, kit cars, name calling...traditional bitching!
    Happy New Year!

11. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

DON'T YOU JUST FEEL THE LOVE HERE.......I've had steel and glass...the BEST I've ever had was from Flatlanders, a 5 Window..(New Age Motorsports now)..working cowl vent and drip rails...loved it..sold it to Famed John "The Rocketman" Paxson..really miss it....I currently have a Rust no More from Louisianna...I really like it too....Regardless what you drive...as long as it makes you feel 16 again...it doesn't matter what people think...we've always had the guys that parked together...ones with diamond rings and bling...ones that worked on their car to get it there and had to jump it of to get it home, those who bought and just enjoyed he sport......with all the problems our world has now and we want to argue about who can and can't , or who should and shouldn't drive this or that.........GET OVER IT....If you don't like the other guys car walk on by.......that's why there is more than one car builder.....not everyone likes the same cars.....my daily driver is an ALL STEEL '29 model A truck that I stripe out of......so I'm stradle the fence I guess..............it's funny, the difference in the public eye of High Dollar, R??Rod and a Traditional car is really just the price of a can of Flat Black.............I'm not Paul Harvey, but this is my rest of the story.

12. jmpowie

jmpowie

Same with me I have been off HAMB for a month. I think I will go back to a "rat rod site" or some place where the people are helpfull and freindly.
    If you look back to posts 5 yrs old the Hamb was a better place.

13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Well said!....And I really like your model A pickup, here is a pic of our parts chaser,

Attached Files:

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We don't cover rat rods or street rods here... Sorry guys... This is a traditional hot rod forum.

BTW, internet drama is for... well, weirdos... that wear pink lace panties and dream of kissing their cousins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.