Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ancient East Coast Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 00 MACK, Apr 26, 2008.

1. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Yeah Rich, The guys name was Irv Kirchner. He lived in Bergen County N.J. I believe Tony Bruskivage did it the first time but Im not sure who turned it into the Candy Coated Streamline Beauty.

2. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

WOW 50 Plus year and the memory on some of this shut down but now that you put Tony Bruskivage name to the string That sure rings a bell... I snuck in the shop (Typical Practice in its day) to see what was going on as there was a rumor of a rebuild... I still can remember those half your tubes welded to the sides of the car and WHAT A MESS... I dont think there was one panel that wasn't warped from gas welding... I can imagine how much bondo is in those sides.....

Rich.........

3. Yea Mark Van Acker has the princess. Crazy enough back in 1989 my father found a add in the local trading post for a 34 ford 5wd. When we went to go look at it, the Princess was sitting there. My father nearly had a heart attack and tried to but it. Reason is he worked for Tony for about ten years. He did most of the work on the Princess. When I told him about this thread he started telling me all about working on the car and Irv taking him to the shows as a young man. Also told me about when they filled the trunk on the Cassa car with lead. Got a pretty big smile on his face.

4. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Mike Great looking 32 Roadster.... (I checked out your photo album) The 36 would make a great tail dragger.......

Rich.........

PS Hope to relocate to your area in the near future.... I have 2 friends in Oak Ridge NC and I have been looking at big farm in Greenboro.... Damn recession has somewhat trapped me in NJ....

5. glassguy

glassguy

this needed to come back....

6. I always liked this one. Tried making headlights like that in a customizing
    model kit.

[​IMG]

7. What ever happened to the "Drivin Deuce's" club truck......

40 ford pick up AKA "Sierra "

who knows the real deal?:eek:

8. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

1935Ron....

The Drivin Deuce's Truck is still in Jersey...... Thats all you need to know...

9. yea.... I hear ya.......who has it thats the question...? and how.......? a load of people talking about it on the side,,,,,

10. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Sound like a rude response to me ...... otherwise KMA

11. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

I know but not at liberty to tell.... Its safe and to the best of my knowledge its just sitting with no future plans... and I can also tell you IT's NOT FOR SALE

12. I'm sure it's not for sale......... how did who ever come to own it??

13. Spill the beans!

I thought it was the "Clubs" truck...... still a few members around.....

14. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Al.... I have know for years who owns it and being a friend and asked not to tell... I honor his request.... and that a SMD... answer....

15. Ok....... won't ask you to break the "code" of friendship.....what's the story?

16. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

No problem Richie ..just jokin !

17. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

18. so...let me see......... the guy who owns it ....won't ever take it out.... he will take it to his grave.......... or something like that?? you mean the truck is in hiding??????

19. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Anthony,Frank here
    You have to do a book on East coast CARS

20. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Cut me short Damm. ANTHONY-OOMACK
    I know you have a lot more pics of alot of cars from the East Coast
    I remember you takin a few of my Merc when I got it and took it to Englishtown around 1980 .
    PS,Get together with someone and print that book.
    Philly, FRANK

21. so were just gonna let this drop?

22. seems like I was misinformed...... I thought that truck was stolen?

23. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

P1010002.jpg back in the early seventies Tom had the show bike & loads of Harley accesaories in his cellar in Greenland NH and the custom Chevy was tucked in his fathers garage on State street Portsmouth NH. The fathers garage was loaded with Whizzer motor bikes and old pedal cars hanging from the rafters.The chevy was not for sale and i believe it was passed on to his son when he died.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  24. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

P1010001.jpg any relation to Sonny Venuti ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  25. glassguy

glassguy

yes thats sonyys brother.. still active in cars more streetrods though..nice guy..

26. He left it and his custom Harley to his son TJ some 25 years ago ( he died young).TJ will never sell either.He took it to the All Timers in Haverhill MA last year.OSR or CK Deluxe was supposed to do a feature but I don't know what happened.

27. Ebert

Ebert

The original White Pearl built by John North in CT and then owned by singer Gene Pitney before I bought it a few years ago. Won a bunch of stuff at the Hartford Autorama and was in the little pages. Now owned by the noted "Dream Car" collector Joe Bortz. I actually drove her to Indy and back for a Goodguys event a few years ago...what a car!
    E

Attached Files:

28. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Holy crap! Have any more pics!! I love it!!!

29. Ebert

Ebert

I am sure I do...let me find them!!!!
    Thanks!
    E

30. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Ive got pics Joe..The car was at Macungie years ago. It was actually rear ended there.