Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Amherst, N.H. Flea market Returns

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatheadtommy, May 5, 2016.

1. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

ITS TRUE, TRUE ,TRUE Reopening on May 29th and every last sunday of each month until the end of Oct. Hope to see all there.

2. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Be interesting to see who goes. IMHO that hoss left the barn last fall.

ABONES and buford36 like this.
  3. mike bowling

mike bowling

If the word gets out, I think it will be business as usual. Packed.
    SO GET THE WORD OUT ALL YOU SLACKERS!
    Get your rust encrusted rears in gear!!

flatheadtommy likes this.
  4. Grease53Monkey

Grease53Monkey

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

The problem is that this is only going to be for 2 or 3 years then he starts building. Why go there now when you know its going away again? Might be better to just stick with New England Dragway.

TFoch and ABONES like this.
  6. I agree sporty 45

Sporty45 likes this.
  7. mike bowling

mike bowling

Oh, Humbug!
    In 3 years I might not remember how to GET to Amherst!

ABONES likes this.
  8. in 3 years you might be dead. if I was up north I would be going again with cad- lasalle and a couple of others

9. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

Even if its only 2 to 3 years , you would have to admit, there was nothing like Amherst and no other flea market will ever match it. Keep in mind Amherst evolved over 50 years. and I can't wait for N.E. drag way to become what Amherst became, SO 2 to 3 years is good enough for me !! GO TRUMP!!

The37Kid likes this.
  10. diesel113

diesel113

This excites me on an unhealthy level

mike bowling and flatheadtommy like this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I never got around to going to Amherst, so this is my chance to finally see what I've missed. Bob

12. I'll take the 3 years and worry about the future much later. Still the best show in town.

gonzo, mike bowling and flatheadtommy like this.
  13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Just the type of guy we're looking for! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone should contact "Walter the Model A Guy"- he'll be so happy he might even smile!
    ( "Walter, can you do better on the price?" "No-- Ya know, they don't make this stuff any moahh!)

14. Sporty45

Sporty45

Well, it will be interesting to see how this turns out. Maybe I'll go, maybe not. I haven't been to Amherst since the 90's, so it might be worth a look. I'm just not happy about the competing date with New England, and I'm really hoping to see them grow.

ABONES likes this.
  15. mike bowling

mike bowling

Update on Amherst ( along with a big helping of "crow" for Mike Bowling who, once again, engaged his mouth (keyboard) without enough facts);

Amher$t i$ going back into bui$$ne$ a$ of May 29th, but the entry fee ha$ ri$en to 55 buck$ a $pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF?? Grease, or no grease, this hurts! Highway robbery!! Epic FAIL!

I really wanted to support the return of an old "once a month tradition" ( like home sex), but refuse to be porked financially by someone who is clearly interested in making gobs of money, not supporting the lifestyle we all enjoy. ( dirty, greasy, and rusty)

I talked to Clyde Kelton this afternoon, and he gave me the news. He, Elliot Brown, and Joe from "Tam's" are all sticking with the Dragway ( and they'd been at Amherst many, many years)
    Sooooooooooo- that's that. Must be time to buy a SBC? or a "Piss and Moan" T shirt?

Happy Mother's day to all- Over and Out.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    ABONES likes this.
  16. mike bowling

mike bowling

17. Sporty45

Sporty45

I'm quite sure the guy running the Amherst show now is just looking to capitalize on the name. I saw how much he was charging for a spot and thought it was crazy! I also don't think for a minute that he just happened to pick the same dates as Epping either. I'm glad to see people are staying with Epping. I believe they are truly supporting the car scene, where the new Amherst guy is not.

ABONES likes this.
  18. I can't imagine vendors paying 55 bucks for a space. 30 bucks at New England Dragway and spectators are free. Plus if you are a vendor you get free admission to the drags.

19. Pete

Pete

Ill be sticking with epping. Hopefully it will grow with time. 55$ a spot is waay high,,,, doesn't matter anyhow because once a deal is made to build on the Amherst property it'll come to an end again... Who knows how long that will be... Could be a year, could be 6 months.

We should stay with one venue and support the folks who are supporting us.

ABONES likes this.
  20. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

I can see the point of view with sticking with Epping, but if your not setting up why not take both venues in. they are not that far apart, just a straight shot on route 101. And if Amherst works out the way it was it would be a no brainer not to go, see ,it would be the best of 2 worlds. I would say keep an open mind. but thats just my point of view. You can bank on one thing , Billy Belmont will be blasting through both of them, putting all of us in shame. GO Billy !!! and please leave a few crumbs for us.

2many projects likes this.
  21. Does New England Dragway have a decent spot to park the classic cars? I don't want to park my 33 in the dirt parking lot.

22. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

I was just thinking, Even if you lost an old friend , or a place that you loved to go to, that , this old friend or place came back , even for a short time , why not be able to experience it again. maybe I'm being melancholy , but thats just me. Tommy Caruso.

23. gonzo

gonzo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the details. Amherst is half the distance away from me, so I'll be going there. Who knows if the housing market tanks it could go on forever.

24. Pete

Pete

I'm sure both spots will do just fine, there's plenty of rusty junk in New England for two locations.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  25. Sporty45

Sporty45

I don't think so, at least not that I recall seeing. I'm pretty sure they parked everyone in the dirt when I was there last time. Even the guys that were showing were parked on grass.

26. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

o yeah..........................

27. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

Maybe I'm missing something, because I don't get it.

28. Sporty45

Sporty45

I think the question asked concerned the parking lot. I responded that the parking lot is dirt and not paved, and i don't believe there is anyplace that is paved for classic car parking. You have to park where everyone else parks. Even the guys that were showing their cars didn't have a paved area, they were parked on grass.

At least that is what I believe the question was concerning.

Did this help clear it up any?

29. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

Thanks Sporty, I understand now. Tommy

Sporty45 likes this.
  30. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I see this thread picked up where the one I commented in left off. Has anyone else substantiated the real estate developer story?