Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures American Hand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Great video. Never nock the advice from the old guy

2. thanks, liked the video.

3. havi

havi

That's what I was gonna say.

Thanks for the vid, Ryan

4. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Always nice to see a real craftsman at work.

5. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think this has appeared here before:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NwEFVUb-u0

It's Mike Rowe's address to congress, in part he laments the fact that we no longer value the skills of dirty- hands guys as we should, that an apprenticeship in a skilled trade is too often seen as a consolation prize for someone not cut out for "higher education". It's worth watching, IMO.

6. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

7. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Awesome post Ryan. As a musician myself, I particularly enjoyed that video

8. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I love the videos in that series, and a tid-bit of information Our Very own Will Kimble on here is a true craftsman in the world of MANDOLINS. I have had the pleasure of watching him several times start from a piece of wood and produce a beautiful work of art.. He is a one man shop located in a just outside Cincinnati and produces high quality hand made Mandolin's, plus he has built some stellar cars over the years.You can check out some of Will's work also at http://www.kimblemandolins.com/ It just shows that the American Spirit is still alive and well, and around here we don't have to look very hard to find it..

9. flamingokid

flamingokid

Besides cars,my other hobbies include Antiques,including Art Deco Radios and cameras.I put way more time into the restoration than I should,but long after I'm gone,they will live on.I also build 45s(the 1911 variety)and I always try to top myself every time.Some of us like a little soul in the things that we love.

10. Wow.

Earlier on in the film I thought they were showing the apprentice working on some simple tasks, the narration seemed to me to be of someone much older and experienced. There was a calmness and wisdom about his voice that is far beyond how old he appears to be.

Either that, or he's one clean living fella that's 72 years old!