Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alliance Membership... maybe?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 51wagon, May 16, 2015.

1. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

Hi,

I used to consider my Alliance Membership in THE HAMB to be the best value on the internet. Since the revamp, not so much, although THE HAMB is still high on my list as a good value and well worth spending $50 to support it. However, it just doesn't seem to work as well for me, as it did in the past.

Example: I recently received an Alert that my Alliance Membership was expiring, so I renewed through PayPal. In the past, I would have received an automatic "personal" thank you note from Ryan that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling of belonging. JK! JK!

We all know the robotic reply was not meant to be taken as a one-off personal sentiment, but it did serve a purpose to let you know that your payment was received and you are welcomed back into the fold... but this time, nothing.

My PayPal account shows that I made the payment, but my last and current message from THE HAMB is an Alert warning me that I'm about to expire.

What gives?

51wagon

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I renewed mine, Ryan personally came by and washed my car. I would bet he is on his way to your house right now. Look out your window, that is probably him coming up the driveway.

Just fucking with you, or course. I promise you, Ryan appreciates your hard earned 50 spot to keep this place running. Usually, there is a little thank you note included with your new Alliance Tag, but if you don't get one, come by the booth at the HAMB Drags, he gives out hugs.

See ya, -Abone.

Mikel50 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You should actually be getting that same robotic message as before and I'm wondering why you didn't. Did you renew from the forum or from the store?

4. I'm still waiting on my car wash and I just renewed my alliance membership through 2016! :D

Think the Boss will wash both cars?

Seriously, when I received my new Alliance Membership tag a nice thank you note was enclosed. HRP

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. I renewed after reading the thread on shifter knobs. Missed out on that. 99% of the time I'm using I phone. I never received notification from a robot saying I needed to renew or a confirmation after that I had successfully renewed. FYI...

Didn't even dream of a car wash. I'd settle for a garage sweep......

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    denis4x4 likes this.