Register now to get rid of these ads!

Album space

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 26 T Ford RPU, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Hi Team. I have been trying to ad more photos to my albums but its saying they are full. I have many more HAMB friendly photos I would like to share and would like to know if the album capacity can be increased?
    Cheers.

2. I see where Fred (tfeverfred) has 83 albums there must be additional space. HRP

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  3. I was thinking the same thing Danny, im at #6 for the most media and all my photos I use her are at low resolution. I have a lot more to post from Bonneville this year plus a show in Kingman AZ, I also have New Zealands Deuce days coming up here that I will want to share. JW

4. I don't think I've ever seen a stated limit for the maximum total space available for image uploads. Maximum image width and/or height is 1200 pixels.

Looking at your albums I'm guesstimating that you have maybe 2600 images uploaded. You seem to have them sensibly downsized to 640x480 and the file sizes appear to run around 150kb per image. At this rate you're using maybe 386mb, or less than a half gigabyte of storage. This doesn't sound excessive to me but maybe you have exceeded some limit that I'm not aware of.

Hopefully when Ryan gets back on his feet again he'll see this post and maybe shed a little light on your situation. Or maybe one of the admins will read this and chime in. I'm a bit curious about this myself.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.

5. Thanks ClayMart, im not big on computer stuff. Everytime I try to load into any album it just has the red band with error you have exceeded 5oo of something. JW

6. My "guesstimate" may not have been terribly far off. Let's say maybe you've actually got 2800 files uploaded and they average closer to 180 kb each. That would be 504,000 kb (or 504 mb) or slightly more than a half gigabyte. Sounds like maybe there is a 500 mb storage limit.

I don't know that you'll be able to get any additional free storage space on the HAMB. You might want to go thru your uploads here and delete any files that might not be strictly HAMB related or make sure you haven't made any duplicate uploads. But remember that any images linked to the forums here will disappear from the forums if you delete them from your albums.

Also, I think you might be able to save some space by re-saving the existing images with some additional jpeg compression. You can leave them at the same 640 x480 size, but by adding a bit more compression you might cut the image file size by half! You might want to do this only to images that aren't linked to a forum post though.

If you're up for some experimenting, here's a link that explains a bit about downsizing your images.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ted-photos-viewable-for-a-longer-time.622776/

;)

lothiandon1940 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  7. I always have my camera picture size set on e-mail. I have 1,281 media items and the most anyone else has on the HAMB is 1,695, I would think I should have some space left. It would be cool if one of the Mods would clarify this. Thanks ClayMart. JW

8. I'm getting more of an education here than I expected to. Hadn't seen those listings for top contributors before.

I thought that Media and Albums were two different groups of different images. But apparently Media includes everything you've uploaded and Albums just allows you to sort and categorize your Media images. So it's mostly all shared content and in fact you have a total of 1287 images uploaded. If they average 130 kb each that adds up to around 186,000 kb or 186 mb.

But then there's still the matter of determining what, if any, maximum storage space the site allows. With all the other specs they show I'm kind of surprised they don't show your amount used or remaining.

9. Come on Mods, can I PLEASE have an answer to my question??????????????? JW

10. Bump and as above. JW

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on it.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey, what's the exact error you are getting when trying to upload more media?

13. Thanks Ryan, it says you have reached your storage capacity of 500 MB.
    I have many more pics to upload of Hot August nights in Kingman and of Bonneville. Also some cool stuff coming up in NZ, like our Deuce Days.
    Cheers, JW

14. I've had the same problem thus my huge Photobucket account. HRP

15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That's why I have TWO photobucket accounts!

16. Bump, refer post three. JW

17. Bump, wanting to load more cool photos.JW

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm still trying to figure it out... not exactly sure what's going on as I don't have limits set.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Shit. I think I just fixed it.

20. Thanks Ryan, will check and report back. JW

21. All working fine.:D:D Thanks Ryan.:D:D JW