Register now to get rid of these ads!

Acts of kindness on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Max Gearhead, Oct 28, 2008.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow! i dont even wanna try to recall of the kindness ive gotten from here~! tons of friends i now consider family, parts, help, the list goes on forever!

2. autobilly

autobilly

But seriously , although I haven't asked for or been given any favours on the HAMB. My life has been enriched by access to the information and fellowship of like minded guys, most of whom are far more knowledgeable and experianced than myself. So thanks everyone!

3. That days events...
    I loaded up the Roadster with the CPU & Monitor and was a bit worried about some rain I was to encounter on the way... so I bagged the items and twist tied them up before the trip.
    100_0720.jpg

Next I was concerned about the lack of room left in the car to drive there!
    100_0721.jpg

But it worked out OK and the rain lasted for only 10 miles of the 120 mile trip.

When I arrived... Jim was outside enjoying the warm summer sun and I had to get some shots of his projects. (He's got a bunch of em'...!)
    100_0724.jpg

100_0728.jpg 100_0729.jpg 100_0733.jpg 100_0732.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  4. Next I sprang the news on him about the computer and we unwrapped the sucker in the shop for a breif inspection... everything made it OK...!

100_0737.jpg

I took some more shots of his collections and Do-Dads...!

100_0731.jpg 100_0726.jpg 100_0735.jpg

I thought this sign was appropriate for the computer...! Hahaha...!

100_0736.jpg

Jim... Thanks for being so helpful, unselfish, giving and caring...! Most of all... you've been a freind!

You deserve it Buddy...!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  5. I know its OT, but is that a 67 Buick GS340? I had one as my first car. I miss that ol wreck.

6. 2 years ago Oldfart offered a free HAMB calendar to someone who truly could not afford one. Since i've been unemployed,4 out of the last 5 years due to illness and injury,he helped me out. It meant a lot to me then,and still does since my battle is still ongoing. This place helps keep me from giving up,and inspires me to hope for better times ahead. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the "HAMB Family".:D

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Probably a GS400 is my guess. Weren't the 340's a CA car for emissions and the 400 the more typical car? I had a GS 340 here in CA, white with black top, black interior, 2 spd. auto and smooth as silk. That was a nice car. Never should have sold that one.

But, back on topic, yes the generosity and general positive support on hamb rocks. The computer gift is more than awesome. Very inspirational.

8. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

One time a bunch of Hamb members sent me over $100 to put lights in my shop. it was very awesome for them to help me out. thanks

9. SpDDmN

SpDDmN

Cool Jim!you must be stoked!The Hamb is the best rodding community ever!
    I'm greatful to be part of The Hamb :)
    Good people doing good things for other people is what makes the world go round....

10. SpDDmN

SpDDmN

Thanx again Jim for the stickers & the booklet of The hotrod company you guys send me all the way to South Africa.very cool.Jannie

Max Gearhead likes this.
  11. customcory

customcory

I've got to say that I've recieved a lot of kindness and sympathy, and advice , from HAMB members when I was diagnosed with colon cancer this summer. It was very scary but everyone one here calmed me down and I found out a lot of people here have gone thru the same thing. That was some good therapy being on here. I am still trying to get my poop together so I can put some more stuff on the art show, I miss not being on.:D

12. This to me is what hot rodding is about , not who is the most hard core bad ass greeser. I have have had the blessing to be on both ends, the giving and recieving end, and both are equaly as rewarding ! My list of people to thank is to long .....so thank you all.

13. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One word sums it up for me

HAMBANDY

14. It's a VERY RUSTY but complete 67 GS400. Parts car only sorry to say. :(

15. Thanks so much Mark. I don't know where I'd be without your friendship. Thanks so much to all my HAMB friends for all they have done for me. Words can't begin to describe how much I appreciate your kindness but here's a BIG THANK YOU anyway! :)

Jim aka Max

16. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Good to hear this one Jim.

I am glad you're able to get your dose of the HAMB again.

Thanks for all you've done for me.

Max Gearhead is a class act.

~Damion

17. I would have never been able to have afforded to go on the Ego-Rama in the Roach Rod back in '92 if it wasn't for these guy's on the HAMB. Bruiser laid the names down in my garage... In addition, Skratch laid some lines on the Roachy at Shortbuses place as a wellwish.
    In addition, Just Steve auctioned off a TRJ book... and an anonymous bidder stepped up with $100 to buy it... that's why "anonymous" is on there too.

I found out who it was a while after the donation... that little secret will stay with me forever. (and makes me warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it) :D

Sam

[​IMG]

18. twjoyce

twjoyce

Hey Jim, This is great news, so glad to hear that your life will be a little easier and a lot more fun. The guys on the HAMB are all really good guys. Hope to get out to see you for a visit sometime soon, are you still on the homestead? Tom and Joanie

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I'm in the U.K. and can only say great things about the members here, The list is far too long to mention but they know who they are, Some have even become great friends of mine.
    Thanks guys.

20. plmczy

plmczy

I've been the recipiant of some acts of kindness from some of the guy's in the So-What crew most recently sawzall, sent me a set of seat tracks at no charge. Great bunch of guy's, very friendly and helpfull. I've had a lot of great advice from people here on the board and I hope to help others the same way. later shawn

21. Amen

22. X 2 ! :confused:

23. draggin50

draggin50
    from Ohio

Seems like there are alot of really good people on here. I have been looking for a 460 ford engine fairly cheap to throw in my ride and Berzerk had one and a spare block that he just gave me. I met him at his house, he loaded it up for me, and off I went. Good luck Berzerk on the 57 and thanks!

24. A little update. My new computer just blew a gasket and Wingnutz drove out of his way to bring me the necessary paperwork that will get the computer back to good as new. Yet another act of kindness on the HAMB. Thanks so much Mark! :)

Max

25. CGkidd

CGkidd

There are some great people on here and it shows by the way we tease each other. Then something happens and you see a great out pouring of help. Kmember on here has helped me several times and Paul was instrumental in helping with my frame for the hotrod.

26. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Let me tell you about Earl. I have never met Earl, I had never talked to Earl before this past week. Earl is a great guy and a true hotrodder, very generous and trusting. I had posted up looking for patch panels for my 39, got a few replies saying check with this company or that company. Nobody carried the parts I needed. Then I got a PM from Babyearl, he says he has a 39 out in the field that has the parts I need on it and says if I want he will drag it up to the garage and cut off what I need and send them to me just for the cost of shipping! So he does just that. He loads the hulk on a trailer and brings it up from the field, calls me [long distance] and asks for measurements, the next day he sends me a email saying that the parts are comming via UPS and the shipping was $$$ and here's the tracking #, send me a personal check and let me know what you think when the parts get there! There are still some honestly great people still out there and Earl is one of them. Earl spent hours of his time, and his money up front to help out a total stranger. Thanks Earl! None of this would have been possible without the Hamb.:cool:

27. Crease

Crease

Disckster read that I was having some issues with the butterflys on my Edlebrock 500. Not only did he tell me how to fix em, but he sent me the screws to do it. That dude is cool!

The carb bodies are getting cleaned by a friend, but soon I'll post some pics of the set up. I love the HAMB!

28. littlejoe631

littlejoe631
    from new york

wow good to here real brother hood by the way i have a nos box of spark plug holes i am glad i was turned on to this site thanks

29. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

GLad to learn it someone came forward to say thanks.

I think Ryan should start a section where we can post specific charity events and happenings - so shops and other peeps can find the places to donate stuff easily?
    THoughts?

Ive offered up my home for Turkey Day dinner for 2 years now- no one has come thru to take me up on the offer yet but I hope some day a HAMBEr down on their luck can come have an afternoon of fun and just forget for a while how bad off things are for them.

30. Yup, when something this cool is done for someone everyone should know about it. :cool: I'm sure that there's more stories to be told by members so who's next?

Max