Register now to get rid of these ads!

a "Buy it now" in the classifieds section

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 345winder, Oct 27, 2015.

1. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

I visit another forum, whose classified section has a "Buy it now" button where the seller can link his paypal to. IT seems to work pretty good, except the potentioal buyer doesn't necessarily have to pay after he hits the buy it now, but there is a record and after so many non paying buy it nows, the buyer is banned,,,

reason I ask this is , lately I have been getting a lot of people making offers on items I have for sale in classifieds ,then i'll accept they ask for my pay pal address and then never pay...

2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

I know it will not eliminate this problem, but may help to cut back .

3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

One way of cutting down on the problem is to make your ads very clear of your payment terms.
    Communication is the key to no misunderstandings..

"Money in my Pay Pal in 24 - 36 hours or ad gets reposted or I take the next buyer in line" and stick to it......

They can't come back to you bitching if they took their time paying or not paying for that matter when you spelled out your terms.

Be clear on your payment terms and it cuts down on the flakes,dreamers and BS'rs

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

5. I'm just happy Ryan offers a classifieds section,it's probably caused him more headaches than any other part of the Hamb. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. I would agree, Danny.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.