Register now to get rid of these ads!

A blip in the system

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by prewarcars4me, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Not really a complaint (as it isnt a big deal to deal with) more of a "letting you know of a blip".

About 75% of the time when I click a link on a post and it opens up (or goes to) a new page, it says Im not signed in (also does it if I come in from a Google search). Yet if I open a new window and go to Hamb, Im still logged in.

Obviously its not a big deal since I don't actually get logged out, so just letting you know.

I'm on a PC running XP(need it for some of my CAD software) and on Google Chrome. I've done the emptying my cache type stuff, so thats not it.

Here is an example. If I go to post http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/reverse-vega-steering-box.954884/#post-10741078 there is a link to click "how to reverse a Corvair box", when I click that link, it gives me the "Register now to get rid of these ads!" thingy.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's probably something like this:

1. go to www.jalopyjournal.com and you are logged in...

2. go to jalopyjournal.com and you are not logged in...

Note the lack of "www".

3. That seems to be it. Never happened to me before the upgrade. Like I said, not a big deal as Im not having to resign in, was just pointing it out in case ya didnt see it already.

For me its the opposite, www= not signed in.