Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. 65COMET

65COMET

ec164;it should be nice and clean after that session!!!I bet you are getting anxious to get some paint on the Comet!! Color? ROY.

2. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Cool, overcast day here in SoCal. Not exactly ideal for a photo-shoot with Mooneyes. At least no snow on the ground. Hope it all goes off without too many hiccups..........

3. SOHC427

SOHC427

Dale, sunny and clear, with a touch of wind. (Not like Eddie). Perfect day for pics, if you don't miind that white shitt on the ground!

4. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;drive up here out of the LA smog,nice,clear,sunny,no wind,warming up nicely!!!!Probably due for an earthquake!!!!!Eric;the only white stuff on the ground here usually comes from ash from forest fires!!!! ROY.

5. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

For sale at the Mecum Spring Event Indy.

Attached Files:

6. Hey Gang!

Merc Junk and I went to Jardine's Header Palace yesterday and got the hook up from Jerod on some kool pics!!!!!

Enjoy!!

FE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  7. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;just one picture,WTF?!!!!! Steve;get Jack to go buy that Comet,he NEEDS a Cammer Comet in his collection,would look great along side the "Snake" T-Bolt!!!!! ROY. OOPs 'jumped the gun on the pictures,had never seen those last three!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  8. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Great pictures, Ken!! I hope you guys are having a good time up there??!!

I'll apologize first, for not being able to supply the Mercury bretheren with high class action shots from todays action at the hillbilly hellshack with Mooneyes. The sun came out, the streets warmed up, and rubber was burnt for all to see. Some more than others. The guys left back at the shop heard us, a few blocks away, making passes for the cameras over by SoCal Speed Shop, then promptly heard the unmistakeable sirens of Johnny Law. We scooted back over on low income sidestreets and made it in the clear. Whew. What we do for the shot... Someone there HAS to have some pictures to share. By the way , those looong traction bars we made? Well, they "do" do something. Like on the street, they completely provide zero hook, and immediately just blow the hard Firestones to haze..... Just saying....:)

9. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Hahahaha!

10. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Roy,I think Jack will be at the All Ford meet at Knotts!

Attached Files:

11. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

12. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Crappy pic, but heres a july 66 ad:
    [​IMG]

13. 65COMET

65COMET

zombie289;$3000,might as well been $30,000 in 66!!! I was in the Army bringing home about $75 a month in 66!!!!You would spend more than that on a transmission rebuild now!!!!! SAD! ROY.

14. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;wheelies,only if the trunk was full of moonshine,and a touch of Nitro in the tank!!!!! ROY.

15. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

The zombie 289
    Roy I was in the army in 66 but I went to jump school so I could get the big bucks an extra $55.00 a month. Hell the 65 AFX Comets were only $3000.00 with only $50.00 down payment with the remaining $2950.00 to be paid by November 30 1965. By the way those 427 SOHC engine went back to Ford.
    The problem was that only a chosen few got them, six in all with one backup car!! ~~~~~~~~AFX DAVE~~~~~~~~

16. 65COMET

65COMET

Dave;WOW you were getting BIG money out of Uncle Sugar,HA HA!!!! ROY.

17. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Keaton's '66 flopper
    Photo credit by Mike Ditty

[​IMG]

18. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

I've seen this car in person in summit racing Atlanta love this car

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;that looks great! I know people that have done the powder coat deal and the cage turns out awesome.A friend is doing a major reconstruction on a Challenger and having the whole car powder coated after all the fabrication is finished,then paint the exterior!Your cage turned out fantastic,looks plenty strong!!! ROY.

20. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Passin Gas what a great name for a drag car.

Comet's were all over the place back in the mid 60's and it seemed like everyone was drag racing them.

The photo's sure bring back some great memories from the good old day's or drag racing.

Jimbo

21. Falconred

Falconred

The Dyno Don Mavrick is for sale, some one on here with a lot of money needs to own it and take care of it. I would hate to see it go out of the country.

22. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

23. Merritt

Merritt

The Mayo Motors BFX car is the car that made me fall in love with the 65 Comet, I live near the now defunct Mayo Motors, was a Lincoln/Mercury dealership. The car was still sitting for sale outside the dealership when I got out of the service in the spring of 1969, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Roy</st1:place></st1:City>&#8217;s right, might as well have been $30,000.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

24. Dale:

Guess I better get busy if the Wagon needs to go to Japan LOL!!!!!! (with Mason Jars in the Back)

FE

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  25. 65COMET

65COMET

Eddie;great image of you the morning after!!!!!! ROY.

26. Falconred

Falconred

Be careful posting photos of my N GA kin folks, I think I dated his daughter once, I remember the jugs>>......

27. Dale:

Thinkin this should be your new logo for the Rocket,since I got all you West Coast Guys hooked on Lighting!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FE

28. Roy:

Damn I look Good!!!!!!

FE

29. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Eddie Are you sure this isnt you in a Drag Comet Wagon. LoverBoy

[​IMG]

30. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

I looked at that car about 5-6yrs. ago.The guy who owned it then told me he paid $700.00 for it in 1972.He wanted $75000.00 when I looked at it.

Terry