Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

'63-4 Olds 394 alum timing cover, in GREAT condition (not eaten up)

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Blownolds, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

City: Big bear Lake

State: California
    Price: 95
    Here's a stock '63-4 Olds aluminum timing cover/water pump housing in really GOOD condition....something that is basically impossible to find in this condition here....
    All throughout the '90's, I scoured junkyards to find these in good condition. Only got a couple decent useable ones in all that time, and this one here is in much nicer condition than the ones I found (with years of searching, I might add).
    The reason this one is so good, is it had been on an old hot-rod engine that was in dry storage since 1969...
    What's so good about this one, is that it ISN'T eaten up with corrosion on the water neck, OR on the flat part that backs up the pump impeller (which means that this cover will make for more efficient cooling with less water getting past the impeller).
    There do not appear to be any cracks, or any stripped bolt holes.
    In short, a really great condition cover. It even comes with an old chromed fuel pump block-off plate, a nice bonus.
    The only "bad" thing I see is that there is a small fitting added to the oil filler tube. No biggie, as that tube can be replaced.

I need to get $95 plus mailing for this cover, as it really is tough to get something useable at all, let alone something this good of condition.

If interested in purchasing, then please e-mail me direct at [email protected] instead of PM'ing me, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Still available

3. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Can't believe it's still here. If someone is working with a '63-4 394 Olds block, they better grab this while they can.... the bolt pattern is unique on those two years of 394 blocks, and these covers are usually eaten up with corrosion. Jump while you can--

4. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

5. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Bumpetty-bump. A must-have part for anyone working with a '63-4 394 Olds block...