Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Herbie Hulse
    [​IMG]
    Highstown 1950
    [​IMG]
    Hinchliffe Stadium

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hendrickson
    [​IMG]
    Hendrickson and Jarzombek

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Henry Montandon
    [​IMG]
    Hewitt

4. Hank61

Hank61
    from Upstate NY

Abe built a Big Block Ford last season at the Valley and they won a race with it. I don't think anyone knew how to tech it!
    The old man's still got it.

5. Hank61

Hank61
    from Upstate NY

What can you tell me about this one MODIFIED DRIVER?

Attached Files:

6. 292belair

292belair

Moose's butt can't be too far off the pavement! LOL!

7. KennyJr07

KennyJr07

Thanks for the kind words. I always felt that Dad could do anything....and yes most of those pics are OME chassis

8. Rentawrench

Rentawrench

In post 5080 that Kenny Tremont Jr. in the Profile Chassis . My Fav 115 driver was Kathy ( I wonder how shes doing as I no longer have contact up in NY state) an remember Dave Leckonby in his first run @ Cario in a 115

9. I stand corrected Mr. Oakley. I could have sworn Alan drove the 90 but old age and all the BS. Could have been the parking spot that threw me also.

10. I gather I was a bit on edge. I work on my website 12-16 hours a day. Coming here after a long dat of going through 200 plus e-mail/posts plus posting is my relaxation. I took it the wrong way. I even screwed up Freddie and Alan and i was down at their shop a lot on Pulaski Rd in Huntington and in Freddie's pit every Saturday night.

So count me as being humbled this morning.

11. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Hell, I figured Emil used to hang out with Barney back in the day! :D

12. [​IMG]

WOW!!! I'll try:

This should be about '74-'75. Sure looks like a younger Ken "Abe" Tremont. I'm not sure, but I think this might've been a Profile or Tobias chassis. I don't think they built this one from a pile of metal.

Chuck Ely drove this car. Primarily at Lebanon Valley. Can't remember if they ran Devils Bowl on Sundays back then.

I see the big block Chevy with the Agawam Speed Shop built headers.

This is the car that I put the deal together for Canadian Frank Hodge to buy. That would've been after the '75 racing season ended.

I can tell a story about them building this car. Lee Bulson, a long time crew member for Tremont, comes into Hanks in Sand Lake, our local tavern hangout. My buddy Bob Ristau and I were already at the bar, Lee sits next to me, orders a few beers and starts talkin' to himself about "a fraction of a fuckin' inch".

I ask him what he's talking about and he tells me "Abe" chewed his ass out for not using a ruler and as a result the spacing for the pop rivets on the interior sheet metal was off "a fraction of a fucking inch"!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee kept on saying the rest of the time I'm there, "a fraction of a fuckin' inch". Think it was a long night for him. Obviously he got over it 'cause he was still on the crew the last time I was up there.

That's the way Abe was with his car construction. Perfection!!

I'll save another story about Lee Bulson at Hanks tavern for another day.

13. George M.

George M.

That's the XL-1 after Johnny Coy rolled it over at Langhorne in 1967.
    Sammy Beavers rolled it, at Langhorne in '69.
    Langhorne wasn't a very lucky place for the XL-1.
    Trenton was much more friendly.

14. [​IMG]
    Holmberg
    [​IMG]
    Homer Nelson
    [​IMG]
    Don Howe

15. [​IMG]
    Holmberg
    [​IMG]
    Holmberg, Spade and Lutz
    [​IMG]
    Holmberg

16. [​IMG]
    Hooker Hood
    [​IMG]
    Howie Nye
    [​IMG]
    Dutch Hoag

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Holmberg and Dan MacNamara any info on this shot George? Now thats how you haul...RACE CARS!

18. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

DAARA SAYS GOOD BYE TO THE 7-11 COUPE
    The familiar blue Plymouth coupe donning the dice and the number 7-11 on her sides has run its last race with DAARA at Citrus County last month..Larry Larivee has informed us that the 7-11 has been sold to an enthusiast from New York and it will be back up in the Northeast after Easter..Larry is now in negotiations to purchase his next Bob Polverari tribute car that he ran from 1978 through 1983, that being his Plymouth Horizon TC3..Polverari won most of his races and championships in the late 70’s through early 80’s with the Plymouth, and is most noted and photographed in that car..Larry has a line on such a car and will indeed have it again in the exact trim and lettering that was carried on that car in 1980 when it returns with DAARA..Until then, Larry and Diane will surely be pit crew for Tobi Smith’s Judkins 2X Pinto on the sidelines, but will remain active with the group until his new mount is ready..He is hopeful to have it for our first appearance this year at Columbia County’s half mile oval in May..We know that when it appears it will be as nice a representation of the 7-11 as the old coupe was and will be another welcome asset to the group..

19. long island vic

long island vic

in 5072 it might not be spencer. didn,t he always wear an open face helmet

20. Race Artist

Race Artist

Profile chassis.
    Joel

21. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

Most likely while Tom Galan & Harvey Tattersal, Jr. were promoting Hinchcliffe.

I think I mentioned this before .. some of the earliest TV broadcasts of auto racing (local only) came from there, while they were the promoters.

The stadium, while in a sad state of disrepair, still stands. A racing Old Timers reunion & show is held at the Hinhcliffe Stadium in Paterson, NJ every summer.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  22. GOSHOW

GOSHOW
    from Dover

Bullfather the 50's and 60's stuff is great. Especially any central Pa stuff from Port, Lincoln, or the Grove.

23. GOSHOW

GOSHOW
    from Dover

Johnny Mackison 1962 Susquehanna Speedway

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  24. [​IMG]
    Stafford
    [​IMG]
    Reinhardt
    [​IMG]
    Martinsville

25. [​IMG]
    Howie Paquette
    [​IMG]
    Hugh Hedger
    [​IMG]
    Hugh Lanford

26. [​IMG]
    Howie Westervelt
    [​IMG]
    Hulbert
    [​IMG]
    Hulbert

27. [​IMG]

Okay I was born Oct 22nd 1976 so I'm going to miss some cars...but I do know History and that's what I love about this thread!

front car? brain osgood?
    Flemke/Cook
    Bouchard/Bodine
    Polvariri/troyer
    Bugs/evans
    ??/Dosers (something along that lines)

How'd I do old timers?

28. Moon_Dog

Moon_Dog

I'd say not bad at all..

Front car: Satch Worley
    Flemke/Cook