Register now to get rid of these ads!

5W stance/chassis inspiration request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Nov 28, 2006.

1. flatoz

flatoz

I'm glad this thread got resurrected, As its something I'm looking into right now as I plan on the set up for the next chassis. I want the chassis to sit low but am looking at retaining the original front A bar setup. I think I will end up doing a lot of things similar to my current chassis, but alot different too.

I'm happy with the ride height and general stance of my roadster, not a 5W I know but its a 32 chassis, and I could put a 5W body on it. It took me some time to get the rear wheels to sit where I was happy with them in the arches. its low enough in the front, and its a stock 32 front member. A model A front X member would make it too low.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow, can't believe this thread is still alive after almost 4 years. Some great stances here. Anyway, here's an update on the '32 that I mentioned in the first post. Drew Didio at Suicide Axle is doing the build. 3" chop, 2.5" channel, monoleaf / Model A x-member / CE 4" in front. Transverse spring in back with split bones. Stock rails were boxed, C-notched and bobbed in rear. Gas tank will be in trunk.

In the 50's this car was channeled all the way over the rails, East coast style, and had fenders welded on to the quarters which you can see in the pic. We thought about a highboy setup. The slight channel, combined with a slight ass-up rake, really seemed to click.

[​IMG]

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

ZENOR, how'd you get so much class my friend. Love the 2.5" channel and the rest of the cars looks awesome too. I would love for my 5w to comes out looking like that for sure.

4. Lets bring this back up.