Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 51 Ford 8BA flathead fuel pumps who sells the best pump ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Apr 18, 2015.

1. So looks like my 51 Woodie is in need of a new fuel pump. I've checked Mac's & Dennis Carpenter, C&G . Prices range from $53.95-$80.00...I sure you get what you pay for right ? it's a original pump, not sure I want to go the rebuild route... It's a single action pump... I checked E**y and there is a seller that has U.S. made pump new pumps for sale $79. What pumps are you guys buying and happy with... May buy a rebuild kit just so I can use the old pump as a back... Thank you !

2. Try NAPA, but ask for a '51 truck motor.

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

I've rebuilt and been happy (Watch me break down tomorrow :eek:. Pretty easy and cheap.

4. 42merc

42merc

Autozone can sell you an Airtex pump at a fair price. This is the brand most retailers handle.
    It's a good pump & works for me.

5. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

Mine came from Napa, 39.00 overnight!

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. saw the Airtex pumps, are those made in the US ?

8. got the Airtex & NAPA numbers... see if any of the Autozones, Napa or Baxters have one.... funny I never even thought of checking these guys just because a lot of time my computer doesn't go back that far...better than waiting a week for a pump for sure... Really want to put the new shoes on the Woodie today.... wasn't in the card...

9. so NAPA could have one on Monday, which I ordered...Tried a couple of others Autozone(Airtex) 3-4 days away... Oreilly's... had a cross reference to Airtex, but never heard of the brand(2-3 days) pass... Baxter Auto Parts(biggest in Tacoma) was the worst, gave them both numbers to cross reference... after what seemed forever.. he had another parts guy help him.. Finally came up with a number from Spectra umm ok ? Sorry we can't get that pump either...

10. thanks Napa !