Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3wlarry needs thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kick its ass Larry...Thoughts and Prayers.

3wLarry likes this.
  2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well damn it Larry that isn't what you or any of us wanted to hear. You can fight this and with all the prayers that you have going for you I bet you will. Hang in there and feel the love from all of us.

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  3. rgdavid

rgdavid

Larry please fight this thing,
    Its gonna be hard but lots of people are thinking positive and are pushing you to do good,

We want photos of the nurses,
    Have you draged (as they say here in france) any of them,?
    Draged = trying to date,

Positive thoughts from france,
    From my workshop cat aswell.

hrm2k and 3wLarry like this.
  4. I got a buddy who was diagnosed with stage 4...given 6 months and he began a strict carrot juice regimen. He felt he nothing to loose and he liked carrots anyway. Drank carrot juice by the quart! He turned orange but stayed with it and he's cancer free now and has been for 12 years. Coincidently, his name is Larry.
    My mother beat cancer too....lived another 48 years cancer free. She started smoking again and within 2 years she was gone....lung cancer spread to the brain and then all over.
    Don't smoke, Larry!

Baron, lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

We are in the corner with you. Survey sucks. You can beat this. You have a lot of friends holding you up.

lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I've never smoked...chewed redman chewing tobacco for 40 years...doc says any tobacco will give you lung cancer

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Alright Pal,..... I've been praying for your mental problems for yearso_O,... Soooo this will just be a change of location... :)

Seriously, You have all the Hamb family lifting you up in prayer,... Do your part, And do as your told.....

I'm still considering coming out there and kicking your butt.
    (Just a little more of the HAMB Brotherly love for ya';))

8. Sorry to hear the news Larry. I was diagnosed with a stage 4 liver five years ago and I've built two cars since. These things may not go away but the medical world has come a long way in slowing the shit down. DON'T give up.

100 ounces of water a day (really) was advised. I still drink 60 or so. Stay calm and move forward.

9. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Not the news any of us wanted to hear! Don't lose faith and don't give up the fight. Doctors can be wrong. And, get out there and drive your car/truck. That's always good medicine. We're still praying for you. Ron

volvobrynk, 3wLarry and Harms Way like this.
  10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hang in there Larry, we are all with you, you got this deal beat. !! Lippy

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  11. Just think "L"....we can start a thread about something we're working on and it takes months to get a few pages of response. It's taken 5 days to get 15 pages about your health issues. Makes me think back a couple of weeks ago to the thread "what do you love about the Hamb", this is it. Family. Tim

HOTRODPRIMER, hrm2k, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  12. williebill

williebill

As I read the last few pages of this thread, it reminded me of my dad, who was told at 70 YO to go home and enjoy the few months he had left. I was in the room when the docs told him that. He said hell no, fought, and lived 15 more years, and it wasn't cancer that got him. Oh yeah, he outlived both expert doctors, too. Keep fighting, Larry.

loudbang and 3wLarry like this.
  13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

never been a quitter guys...wife asked when I was half-way done with the coupe and budget for it was gone what I was gonna do now...I said finish the damn thing

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Well then... FINISH THIS! ...and take yer time doin' it.
    You're one of the big reasons I stay on here...

15. ..... sh#t man. Words suck here.

Having said that .... the story Rocky spun is part of Lance Armstrong's story. He spontaneously com-busted on beta-carotene/carrots .... just like Rocky said, literally turned orange.

He came back from death's precipice ...stage 4 testicular cancer, that spread into his abdomen and onto his brain and THEN he won his Tour de France stuff. I don't really care what he did to win those ... he's a hero to me and always will be. Chemo, radiation, testicle removed .... grim prognosis. He was done.

He credits coffee enemas, to helping the immune system. It's in his book ... dilates the liver and sheds the toxins clear. A new Wix filter for you so to speak. Just make sure you let it cool to room temps., and no Bailey's or ice cubes either.

I used to personal train in my twenties. Lance did the Hill Country race every year in San Antonio. He would come in for meet and greets, at my gym, and sit in my chair. I had the spiffy leather one. He was a nice guy.

Soooo .... I'm sure after my uncle's shaved balls story and now my "taint" advice ..... they may be rethinking the ole' ban process for me. Oh well ..... it was a good return, and what a way to go out ! Talkin' 'bout your ass. You probably have a nice ass Larry. :)

Check your snail mail this coming week ..... you have a magazine upgrade.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    volvobrynk, 117harv, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  16. belair

belair

Now we know what to pray for. You get well, dadgum it.

3wLarry likes this.
  17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

RYAN!!

hrm2k, traffic61, volvobrynk and 12 others like this.
  18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Many in your corner,now you must fight.

19. stuartman1964

stuartman1964

Keep on pounding!!!!!

kidcampbell71 and 3wLarry like this.
  20. ^This...made my day! Hahahahahaha

hrm2k, RICH B, The 39 guy and 6 others like this.
  21. von Dyck

von Dyck

Hang in there, Larry! We all want you around for much longer!

3wLarry likes this.
  22. Larry, you have the entire HAMB pullin' for you. Shit, Ryan's even letting CATS on the thread!
    All the best thoughts for you.

gwhite, Model T1 and 3wLarry like this.
  23. pumpman

pumpman

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. Nothing but positive thoughts and prayers man.

3wLarry likes this.
  24. mike bowling

mike bowling

I give up- so many cat pictures on here, what the hell ( a cat thread on the HAMB; what's next?? Sufferin' Sucotash!)

Sorry to hear the prognosis, but you're made of tough stuff pardner! Give it hell; it's the Cowboy way!
    God Bless the V.A.!! They sure help me out.
    DSCN2269.JPG

gwhite, loudbang, Model T1 and 2 others like this.
  25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Hi Larry.Bad news for sure.Wishing you the best.More prayers sent.
    Leo

3wLarry likes this.
  26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

We all know you're a tough sumbitch......Prove it to us once again!! I'm not the praying type.....but I'm praying for you.

Model T1, 3wLarry and Harms Way like this.
  27. Larry -

Stage 4 ... Smage 4 ... Those labels mean nothing!

I know several folks that have fought and won the battle (& the war) against a Stage 4 Cancer diagnosis (including my younger brother, other relatives, and even a couple of fellow HAMBers).

You too can beat this!!!

As you & I have discussed before ... the current owner of your Bitchin' Deuce 3wd is a "Cancer Survivor"!

As you may recall, David was diagnosed with terminal throat cancer in 2007... but took the advice of his close friend Steve ... who was already suffering from his own deadly cancer and had come to the realization that he had made a mistake choosing to battle it with "alternative" medicine:

I've heard / read nothing but good things about the Tulsa Cancer Institute ... Chemo isn't going to be easy ... but you're going to beat this!!!

28. Harms Way

Harms Way

Relax Larry !,..... I think he means you seem to be a NICE guy, even though your a bit of a ASS ,....... I think that's what he meant,....... But it was really kind of weird,.........o_O:eek::confused:

:confused::oops:o_O....RYAN !!!! ...... I think we need a clarification !!!:)

volvobrynk, Model T1 and 3wLarry like this.
  29. Damn! Keep the good attitude, that's half the battle. We've all got faith that you're gonna kick cancer's ass.

traffic61, volvobrynk, i.rant and 2 others like this.
  30. No, just got off the phone with Ryan. He said, and I quote, "I was glad they took a lobe of Larry's lung, and not a cheek of his ass. That Larry has a nice ass!"
    Who knew.....
    Larry? Stay strong.

loudbang, belair, Model T1 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.