Register now to get rid of these ads!

'34 Plymouth RPU Update - Body Substructure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Nov 27, 2006.

1. I hadn't checked in on this one for a while. The grille is perfect! A true focal point for the vehicle.

2. Louie S.

Louie S.

Matt,

Richard switched directions, and is putting the Dodge cab on this frame. His theory is he will get the Dodge done to have a toy and build a better frame for the RPU. He also wants to be done for the Roundup.

3. I am putting this '41 Dodge cab on my frame; I have some Deuce rails that I will use to build a much nicer frame for the RPU. The RPU is also getting a dropped axle, more traditional leaf springs all around instead of airbags, and Buick finned brakes. Oh, and I also found a 394 Rocket from a '62 Olds. I may use the Olds quarter panels to make a custom bed, too.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212203&showall=1
    [​IMG]

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Damn!!! Looking very respectable there Richad! My hats off to you. Now get that bitch on the road.

5. wilddodge

wilddodge
    from Pa.

Wow, Bad AZZ ride. I'm glad my body was fairly intact. Where did you find the patch panels?
    Jay

6. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

And three years go by,....Richard sold the "ugly truck" -- the above change to 41 dodge. then ended up with the 27 roadster, the rivi and the corvair AND A FEW square bodies chevies... a POS eldorado... and finnally a good daily ranger...

I spent many a natty light fueled nights over helping rich on one thing or another, and always wanted the lil rpu cab..... thought it would be a decent cheap lil quickie build.

sooo!!!!!When I came back down to TX to move my stuff up to Alaska, Richard D still had this thing sitting in the same spot we moved it to when we cleaned up his yard last spring.. ('10) I was gonna haul up a tripple headed air compressor up here to ak.. and thought to myself, hell I can always buy a new compressor, offer him a trade he needed to replace the ghetto hf compressor anyways and a trade was struck!

My plans ... simple.. lil belly button 350 2x2 (t5 must have 3 pedals..) bed and probally a carson style top with jeep style drop in side curtains for spring and fall runs.. (hell it is Alaska!!!)

I think Rich droped a tear or two when i had to cut the body structure up.. (fit in my trailer with a 331 hemi, a flatty, 32 chevy coupe, and about 2200 lbs of tools. )

I'll do ya proud Rich!!!

oliver westlund likes this.
  7. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Looking good!!!

8. Hey Levi is it going to make it to Roundup?

9. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Why wouldn't it? I all ready bought your ticket so we can make the ride down together... no stops other then gas!!! for 7 days..... sounds fun huh?

oliver westlund likes this.